PDA

View Full Version : Great Southern Air

Stationair8
1st May 2024, 07:44
Saw this on the AFAP page, Great Southern Air commencing charter and FIFO operations using Embraer 135/145 in 2024, based in Southeast Queensland.

Nothing like the smell of JetA1 in the morning!

Going Nowhere
1st May 2024, 08:07
https://greatsouthernair.com.au/

There has been a red 145 on FIFO duties from the logistics apron for the last few Months.

I think it’s Essendon-based.

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Australian-Corporate-Jet-Centres

Icarus2001
1st May 2024, 08:42
Well if they cannot even spell E M B R A E R correctly I wonder at their attention to detail. One or two other howlers on the website. Find your own.

The website only shows ATR 72 and E175/195 types, no E135/145.

Nulli Secundus
1st May 2024, 09:53
Please, may it not be Jetgo MkII!

tcas_test
1st May 2024, 11:14
www venturecrowd com.au/s/lp/great-southern-air-eoi
Still looking for $3.5million in funding apparently

Climb150
1st May 2024, 12:19
I have noticed in Australia that many airlines use the term EOI or expressions of interest. What is the purpose of this? The career section of this company list all pilot jobs as EOI.

You are either hiring or you are not.

minigundiplomat
1st May 2024, 17:43
I have noticed in Australia that many airlines use the term EOI or expressions of interest. What is the purpose of this? The career section of this company list all pilot jobs as EOI.

Translated.

Hey, due to the nature of our services and our poor management we have a high churn of pilots and need a constant shortlist of fresh victims. Thus we have a 24/7/365 open EOI.

tail wheel
1st May 2024, 18:52
One wonders: :confused:

"Based on our figures we should be turning a profit within a year of trading. We have included paying back the investor in our figures and will still be turning the profit inside that first year." "EMBREAR 175/195""Embrear 175-195""The mining market in Queensland employs upwards of $250,000 employees who are located all over the state...."

"...we would be used for international australia/new zealand and interstate flights."

It is hard to get good Secretarial help these days.......

Mach E Avelli
2nd May 2024, 00:48

Alternative translation: “This is a fishing expedition to see how many pilots are desperate enough to work for us. From the degree of desperation we will be able to determine how little we need to pay”.

chimbu warrior
2nd May 2024, 01:48
Do they actually have an AOC?

If not, their website may be misleading.

Mach E Avelli
2nd May 2024, 03:19
Do they actually have an AOC?

If not, their website may be misleading.
Aviation pretenders with misleading websites? Quelle surprise!

Mk1Aviation
2nd May 2024, 11:50
www venturecrowd com.au/s/lp/great-southern-air-eoi
Still looking for $3.5million in funding apparently

3.5 million doesn’t even cut the mustard, they’ll blow a large chunk of that obtaining an AOC. You need at least 8-10 mill at the bare minimum to comfortably absorb hiccups and pay maintenance when the big checks roll round. Plenty of 145s sitting and waiting in the desert, waiting for their next operator… but there’s a reason for that.

Zombywoof
2nd May 2024, 22:21
Aviation pretenders with misleading websites? Quelle surprise!Powered by GoDaddy. Confidence inspiring.