PDA

View Full Version : Training in Oz

dannyweaver
5th Sep 2002, 08:40
I've just got back in the UK after 4 weeks in Perth, Western Australia, and am beginning to realise just how much I hate this country.

So, the new plan is to emigrate to Aussie land and do my ATPL, or possibly an aviation diploma, there instead and hopefully get a job with Virgin Blue or QANTAS, after hour building as an instructor for a while.

I've done a bit of research on the 'net and in aviation magazines in Australia, and found loads of flying schools. Has anyone got any recomendations?

Thanks for your help!

scruzer
5th Sep 2002, 13:52
allo Danny boy

Try the Dunnunda forum down the bowels of the forums page.

zone
6th Sep 2002, 11:49
You might find yourself competing with hundreds of high jet time pilots that would give there left nut for right of abode in Europe/UK. That would be enough for them to spend the thousands of pounds to convert their licence.

The grass here is brown most of the time. Perhaps it was the girls you liked here?

ayre
13th Sep 2002, 14:24
Danny,
You might want to check out the Royal Newcastle Aero Club in Newcastle, just north of sydney. www.rnac.com.au
I know two guys that came out from the UK to do their Private licences with RNAC and had a great time. RNAC also offers a full proffesional pilots course with aviation degree through the University of Newcastle if your inclined that way. Im instructing there at the moment so if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Cheers.