PDA

View Full Version : FTE AFOP: Open Day

Cloudbuster1
30th Apr 2024, 06:48
Good morning folks.

Visiting FTE shortly for an Open Day.

I understand that there is no published dress code and that it is an open day, as opposed to interview, but I wondered whether I ought to err on the side of smart or business casual style attire?

Appreciate that I could ask this question directly of FTE but thought this thread might help others too.

Thank you.

allert
30th Apr 2024, 10:55
I doubt you'll need a top hat, but I think it's always a good idea to present yourself as professionally as possible in the aviation industry.

Cloudbuster1
30th Apr 2024, 11:00
Thanks. Appreciate you taking the time to respond. I don’t want to stand out for the wrong reasons😂.

AlwaysWondering
30th Apr 2024, 23:46
Is it just an visit with parents/ partners/ aunties/ various others all in attendance or is there some sort of assessment there?

If it's the former, I would suggest business casual/ semi-formal. Open shirt with relatively formal trousers and shoes for example.
If there's an assessment/ interview, I'd go a bit more formal with a suit and tie.

Allert is very right though. It's always better to go more formal than less. It's pretty easy to slip off a tie and jacket if overdressed. It's a bit more difficult to dress up if you're in shorts and a t-shirt.

Cloudbuster1
7th May 2024, 09:35
Always, thanks so much for your really helpful response.

It is the former…

Thanks once again.