View Full Version : Apprentice Licence Help (UK/Europe)

Tomwales
29th Apr 2024, 23:02
Hi all,

I'm currently on an approved apprenticeship course, trying to obtain my Category A here in the UK. I am currently filling in a CAP741 to apply for the UK CAA and the IAA, and have a couple of questions regarding the maintenance experience process. I would greatly appreciate any help !

1) I have looked at the IAA Form 19 and still cant grasp how many days count as a week of experience, and would appreciate some clarification ?
2) Is it okay to break down a singular task that is referenced on the work order to all referenced tasks associated within the AMM ?
3) Am I better off only using maximum 3 tasks per week so that I don't use all the easy tasks straight away, and am stuck later down the line ?

Thanks in advance for any responses,
Tom

NutLoose
2nd May 2024, 19:36
Tom

cannot help as it’s so long since I did mine, but I hope someone can and you get those licences.

NL

spannersatcx
3rd May 2024, 08:07
Don't take this as gospel, as I'm not 100% sure, we had a couple of guys looking to get an EASA licence, based in UK, as they were not in the EU or handling EU reg a/c were denied applying for it.
As for tasks put as much as you can, break down tasks with all the references used, say for instance you were replacing a valve on an engine that requires thrust reverser opening, that's 2 separate tasks, one in chpt 78 and the other in 36 say!

Tomwales
11th May 2024, 19:37
Thanks for the advice man !

As for handling EU reg aircraft, they make up around 98% of the aircraft I deal with so that should be fine !

In regard to breaking up tasks, I have only been breaking the tasks up into “rare tasks” that aren't very common on the line. My main concern is that If I break up my tasks to too many references is that I will use up a lot of the main “line specific” tasks, and end up with a few dry months. I would love to hear your opinion on my approach ?

Thanks,
Tom