View Full Version : Wake Turbulence Separation Table (Takeoff)

Willie Nelson
29th Apr 2024, 06:13
I seem unable to locate the Wake turbulence separation standards for takeoff. Would somebody be able to help me locate it, preferably in Jepps?

Thanks in advance.

Willie Nelson
29th Apr 2024, 06:56
A friend gave me the answer, Manual of Standards 172 part 12. (No longer in Jepps for some reason)

SHVC
29th Apr 2024, 07:44
It has been on the MOS for a while now, only removed from JEPP last update. seems they must be moving all the responsibility to ATC for separation.

Capn Bloggs
29th Apr 2024, 09:19
No longer in Jepps for some reason
Jepp's just a (sometimes inaccurate) copy of AIP. If it goes out of AIP, it'll go out of Jepps.

One less question the checkie can ask you, I suppose! Or do we have to now know the thousands of pages of the MOS as well...

drpixie
30th Apr 2024, 00:21
Or do we have to now know the thousands of pages of the MOS as well...

Yup.

Part of CASA's Great Reorganisation And Simplification Project.
Before what you want to know might have been hidden somewhere in hundreds of pages of CAOs.
Now it could be somewhere in thousands of pages or CASRs, or thousands of pages of MOS, :ugh:

Clinton McKenzie
30th Apr 2024, 01:21
This is yet another manifestation of the loss of corporate competence in CASA.

One of the primary purposes of AIP book is to be a ‘compendium’ of all the key operational rules extracted from myriad nooks and crannies of each country’s aviation safety and regulatory regime, so that flight crew don’t have to refer to e.g. MOS Part 172 to find Australia’s wake turbulence separation standards, or to e.g. MOS part 91 for Australia’s VMC criteria, or to e.g. ….

AIP book is supposed to be a ‘one stop shop’ for all those key rules. By simply ‘pointing’ to those rules, CASA is rendering the AIP book practically useless.

Might as well have a one page AIP book: “Download the entirety of Australia’s aviation safety and regulatory legislation and do a keyword search of what you want to know.”

AQIS Boigu
3rd May 2024, 02:29
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/567x292/img_6295_2ddec7728eebb2a19dc59c50e0f0dfe0475813ce.png

From an old ATSB report…probably still valid