PDA

View Full Version : Modular Training Plan

Kieron Emmett
25th Apr 2024, 10:07
Hi all,

I am approaching a crossroads in my training and I've recently been inundated with information from people telling me the "correct" way to obtain my CPLMEIR.

I currently have a PPL with around 110 hours with 70hours PIC + night rating. I also have 3 exams left in ATPL's and they are booked in for the end of June.

I have asked for a quote from a few schools and the cheapest i have found up to now is around 30k for the CPLMEIR excluding exam fees and aircraft hire for the exam.

I have around 50k left to finish my training including getting an APS MCC, is this possible in todays climate?

Also i would like to know if there is any benefits in me getting an IR/R and then doing a CBIR.

I am northern based in the UK for reference.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Richard_
28th Apr 2024, 19:31
Hi all,

I am approaching a crossroads in my training and I've recently been inundated with information from people telling me the "correct" way to obtain my CPLMEIR.

I currently have a PPL with around 110 hours with 70hours PIC + night rating. I also have 3 exams left in ATPL's and they are booked in for the end of June.

I have asked for a quote from a few schools and the cheapest i have found up to now is around 30k for the CPLMEIR excluding exam fees and aircraft hire for the exam.

I have around 50k left to finish my training including getting an APS MCC, is this possible in todays climate?

Also i would like to know if there is any benefits in me getting an IR/R and then doing a CBIR.

I am northern based in the UK for reference.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you

Are you doing your license thru EASA or UK CAA or dual?

rudestuff
28th Apr 2024, 19:56

Yes that is more than enough. The benefit of getting your IRR then CBIR is that you save about 10 grand compared to the traditional route.

Kieron Emmett
28th Apr 2024, 20:10
I am just doing UK CAA only.

Kieron Emmett
28th Apr 2024, 20:12
The school that has given me a quote have said that doing an IRR with them, i get a BIFM and then its cheaper to do a full IR as i get 10 hours discounted. Is this true or is this a sales pitch?

Is it actually better to get a CBIR instead in terms of cost.

Cheers