PDA

View Full Version : RAAF support for ANZAC ceremonies

Gne
25th Apr 2024, 02:01
Great to see over 150 ANZAC ceremonies supported with a flypast today.

Well done and thanks to those who did the planning, those who flew the aircraft and those who worked on the ground to support the effort.

Gne

Ascend Charlie
25th Apr 2024, 02:50
It was always a hoot to go bopping up the main street to the memorial gathering at 1100 in a Huey, making the Sound of Freedom.

Capn Bloggs
25th Apr 2024, 04:33
I'll second that, GNE. Pity though that the ones around here were at 0700!

Good to see Ronnie out and about though. Lower and faster next time please! ;) :ok:

TBM-Legend
25th Apr 2024, 05:13
Super Hornet over my home at Fig Tree Pocket BNE. Low and LOUD and fast. Awesome 🤩

By George
25th Apr 2024, 06:58
Finally, found a method to get the pigeons off my solar panels. Can the F18 come back please.

Pinky the pilot
25th Apr 2024, 10:12
Super Hornet over my home at Fig Tree Pocket BNE. Low and LOUD and fast. Awesome

Whilst I agree that such a flypast is most impressive; What I'd really like to see, AND hear, would be a flypast by an Avro Lancaster, accompanied by a Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang and a DH Mosquito!

Now THAT would be something to hear!!!:ok:

MickG0105
25th Apr 2024, 11:17
Whilst I agree that such a flypast is most impressive; What I'd really like to see, AND hear, would be a flypast by an Avro Lancaster, accompanied by a Spitfire, Hurricane, Mustang and a DH Mosquito!

One of the few things that sounds better than a Merlin engine, would be nine of them.

TBM-Legend
25th Apr 2024, 13:17

well I’ve seen the BBMF Lanc with up to six Spits and two Hurricanes in a fly past in the UK more than once and a 22 Spitfire fly past at Duxford

Stationair8
25th Apr 2024, 21:59
Big thumbs up for the RAAF.

How about the RAAF Phantom flypast/beatup then go into afterburner, like they did at the opening of Tullamarine?

Chocks Away
26th Apr 2024, 08:42
Yes indeed, Bravo to the RAAF for all mentioned above.

Lets make sure their birthplace of Point Cook is not bulldozed, as is currently planned!

Pinky the pilot
26th Apr 2024, 10:40
One of the few things that sounds better than a Merlin engine, would be nine of them.

With all due respect, MickGO105; Nothing sounds better than a Merlin engine!:=

Not even a 351 Cleveland at 7,000RPM in a GTHO Phase3 going down Conrod Straight!:ok:

The Banjo
26th Apr 2024, 11:17
https://youtu.be/JieWuez-_t8?feature=shared

Magnetomick
1st May 2024, 07:25
Was it Andrew Buttsworth doing the AB post Olympics?

megan
1st May 2024, 11:50
I'm told by a seasoned fighter pilot who was there that the Darwin crowd missed out, the F-35 flew down the wrong street. Still, they would have got the noise.