PDA

View Full Version : Where is Wirraway?

GAMAN
5th Sep 2002, 01:58
It would seem to me that Wirraway's sole purpose in life is to post often inlamatory subjects, then sit back and watch the insults and innuendo fly rather than actually contributing to any conversation personally.
Come on Wirraway, come out, come out wherever you are.

Wirraway
5th Sep 2002, 02:04
GAMAN

What appears to be your problem?

Wirraway

Keg
5th Sep 2002, 02:09
Personally, I like the posts that Wirraway makes in keeping us all informed as to what is going on in the industry. I still check here first for any aviation info that I need or am interested in. The chat that follows I generally 'filter' anyway so it doesn't really mean much.

Keep up the good job Wirra, not all of us feel the need to jump on here and denigrate someone who is providing a pretty handy service! Some of the threads aren't particularly nice towards QF but all Wirra is doing is reporting the news. For that mate, thank you.

GAMAN, hope you feel a little better now. A nice rant will generally take some of the stress away. If it hasn't, a cold shower may help! :D :p

one-ball
5th Sep 2002, 02:41
I don't think the reports are always inflammatory. Just a case of eager-beaver getting in first to post "the big news".

"oh-oh-oh, me, me, oh, oh... .. Mr. Kott-TAIIIIIRRRR......!!!"

(arm waving in the air)

Whatever does it for you.

Keg
5th Sep 2002, 02:46
Not hard to pick the regulars on the forum at all is it! :rolleyes:

Wirraway
5th Sep 2002, 02:48
Keg

Thanks, have just done a search to try and find out whats
bugging him, I presume he is upset because of the post
" Air NZ 747 missing 116 screws". This is only the 2nd
jab I've had, funnily enough both from Kiwis, he proberly
thinks I should not post news from the 'New Zealand Herald'
here's one of his replies from another thread dealing with
Air NZ:

"Woops, how could I forget that aussies are perfect and have never engaged in any underhanded tactics or backroom manouvering.
A lot of people on both sides need to get a serious grip on realtiy, take a step backwards and look at the whole Ansett Air NZ saga from an objective perspective."

Wirraway

fruitloop
5th Sep 2002, 03:27
Wirraway,
Keep up the good work !!:D :D

BTW. How about posting Engineering jobs as well..

Cheers

Woomera
5th Sep 2002, 03:41
GAMAN

Wirraway is one of our "precious things" and provides sterling service in keeping us up to date with what's happening in the Oz media for the benefit of those of us in remote locations or O'seas or just too busy to monitor it all.

His minimal use of "editorial" is thankfully welcomed given some events from the past.

Wirraway does what Wirraway with my and our collective thanks and much appreciation for the way in which he does what he does so well..:cool:

I will assume for the moment that yout comments are the result of your inexperience here.

Wirraway, thank you once again.

:D

GAMAN
5th Sep 2002, 06:06
Fair enough. I was just wondering why he(she?) never joins in the debates started by his(her?) posts.
If that's their choice then I guess so be it.

Java
5th Sep 2002, 08:24
Just wanted to support Woomera's comments. Wirrway does a great job tracking down stories, and keeping us informed. I for one appreciate it as I am unable to get a hold of an Aussie news paper too often as work often keeps me coming and going from Australia.

Good Work Wirraway