PDA

View Full Version : Still Stuck in Dubai

arkmark
19th Apr 2024, 07:39
Hi All -- I am still unable to get out of Dubai. Qatar and Emirates are showing no flights out until after the 22nd, yet I am seeing flights blasting off all the time over the city. Does anyone have any info ?

rudestuff
19th Apr 2024, 08:04
There are plenty of flights. Perhaps they're all full?

BA318
19th Apr 2024, 08:14
Hi All -- I am still unable to get out of Dubai. Qatar and Emirates are showing no flights out until after the 22nd, yet I am seeing flights blasting off all the time over the city. Does anyone have any info ?

Do you have an existing booking? Surely your carrier should be arranging the new flight then and providing accommodation until then.

If you are looking to book your own then Google flights shows one stop options with Ethiopian, Saudia, Royal Jordanian among others leaving today. Or similar options for tomorrow but obviously the price is high.

As with most cases after disruption, the flights are heavily overbooked because lots of people missed their original flights and need to be rebooked so it takes days to sort that out.

laviation
19th Apr 2024, 08:41
There are plenty of flights. Perhaps they're all full?

Indeed. Every DXB-MAN flight is sold out until the end of the month, for example.

Jonty
19th Apr 2024, 09:02

Get the first available flight out of Dubai to anywhere, then make your way home from wherever you end up.
Thats probably the quickest way home, but probably not the cheapest.

Asturias56
19th Apr 2024, 15:04
You can always drive to Abu Dhabi or Oman

Sotonsean
19th Apr 2024, 15:14
Sounds like he needs "International Rescue".

"Thunderbirds are go".

Look out for a Lady Penolope as Parker will be there with a pink six wheeled car to get you out of there.