PDA

View Full Version : UAE GCAA Conversion

flyer_a1
16th Apr 2024, 15:17
Hello everyone,

I have been researching about converting a foreign license to a UAE GCAA one, but I keep getting conflicting information. To highlight, I am an FAA CPL holder with no experience on jets and low time in general.

The UAE GCAA website doesn’t state explicitly that you would need to take 14 ATPL exams, the only thing that is mentioned is the air law exam.

On the other hand, flight schools in the UAE such as T3/Alpha or Fujairah state that you must take the 14 ATPL exams to convert your license to GCAA.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this, does anybody know what the actual process is?

Also, for those who have taken the GCAA ATPL exams, what question banks or test prep did you use?

cruisepower
16th Apr 2024, 17:38
Hello everyone,

I have been researching about converting a foreign license to a UAE GCAA one, but I keep getting conflicting information. To highlight, I am an FAA CPL holder with no experience on jets and low time in general.

The UAE GCAA website doesn’t state explicitly that you would need to take 14 ATPL exams, the only thing that is mentioned is the air law exam.

On the other hand, flight schools in the UAE such as T3/Alpha or Fujairah state that you must take the 14 ATPL exams to convert your license to GCAA.

There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on this, does anybody know what the actual process is?

Also, for those who have taken the GCAA ATPL exams, what question banks or test prep did you use?

You cannot convert a foregin license to GCAA unless you have a job sponsorship or a UAE citizen. This is a hard rule, no way around it.

Also if you do get a job with a CPL you need to write the 14 exam, the air law exam is only for ATPL cconversion. The exams are similar to EASA.