PDA

View Full Version : Mark Petrie - Funeral Details

Tarnished
13th Apr 2024, 06:22
I have been asked by Mark's wife to promulgate the basic details for his funeral as follows:

Monday 29th April at 1pm
Service at Flintshire Memorial Park and Crematorium – Distinguished Service in a Beautiful Setting (https://www.flintshirememorial.co.uk/)
Burial follows at Hawarden Cemetery

There will be a wake/celebration after the burial. Protocol would suggest that I do not post publicly the details, but please contact me directly either here, SMS/Text/WhatsApp on 07793 426734 or [email protected]

If you have your own contact route to Mark's wife and family please feel free to go VFR direct

Regards
Tarnished

BANANASBANANAS
13th Apr 2024, 07:27
I have been asked by Mark's wife to promulgate the basic details for his funeral as follows:

Monday 29th April at 1pm
Service at Flintshire Memorial Park and Crematorium – Distinguished Service in a Beautiful Setting (https://www.flintshirememorial.co.uk/)
Burial follows at Hawarden Cemetery

There will be a wake/celebration after the burial. Protocol would suggest that I do not post publicly the details, but please contact me directly either here, SMS/Text/WhatsApp on 07793 426734 or [email protected]

If you have your own contact route to Mark's wife and family please feel free to go VFR direct

Regards
Tarnished

This has come as a bit of a shock. I was on No.9 AEF at Finningley with Mark in the early 90's and he was a great guy. We subsequently lost contact as you sadly do in our industry.

RIP and Blue Skies Mark.

ETOPS
13th Apr 2024, 15:52
Mark and I worked together at BA and also saw each other commuting on the shuttle from time to time. I was fascinated with his Strikemaster stories and the operation at Chester but sadly couldn't afford the Jet A1 for blast round North Wales.

A very sad loss :(

jetcollie
13th Apr 2024, 17:21
This is very sad. Mark & I followed the same career path - F4s then BA. I'd run into him at the odd airshow and reminisce. A nicer gent you couldn't hope to meet.
RIP Mark.