tail wheel
6th Apr 2024, 19:53
TEST thread.

Squawk7700
6th Apr 2024, 21:22
Looks like your test was successful.

thunderbird five
6th Apr 2024, 21:43
Nobody said there would be a test. It's not fair, I haven't studied!

Trevor the lover
6th Apr 2024, 21:54
Chill dude, its open book.

First_Principal
6th Apr 2024, 22:04
Nobody said there would be a test. It's not fair, I haven't studied!

It's ok t-bird, this is not a test, it is in fact a TEST thread, an altogether different beast (esp in the Unix world ;)

What you probably didn't know is that it's part of a psychological experiment, and that we are all scored on (a) whether we respond to such an arcane title with very limited information and (b) what we do[n't] say.

Known only for sure to TW and selected others I suggest you got a 5, whereas I might get two, Squawk one, and Trevor reminds me of the philosophy student who when faced with a 3-hour examination question on 'What is a risk' writes 'this is' and walks out after one minute... how do you mark that?

FP.

hoss
6th Apr 2024, 22:28
C

🙂👍

nomess
6th Apr 2024, 22:53
6 posts and nobody has mentioned Qantas yet, well done everyone!

Cilba
6th Apr 2024, 23:21
Is Taily putting out a mayday call? I'm getting carrier wave only ...

Ascend Charlie
6th Apr 2024, 23:49
Come on, this thread has drifted off topic already.

Here's a test question:
If it takes a yard and a half of calico to weave an elephant's underpants, how long will it take a double-breasted cockroach to tap-dance through a barrel of treacle?

(This was a question posed to us pilot trainees during Morning Quiz)

Checklist Charlie
7th Apr 2024, 00:03
No more test questions please, I am still trying to work out how many holes in a crumpet?

CC

judyjudy
7th Apr 2024, 00:09
Don’t know about crumpets, but I believe that song said there were 4000 in Albert Hall

SOPS
7th Apr 2024, 02:16
Come on, this thread has drifted off topic already.

Here's a test question:
If it takes a yard and a half of calico to weave an elephant's underpants, how long will it take a double-breasted cockroach to tap-dance through a barrel of treacle?

(This was a question posed to us pilot trainees during Morning Quiz)

How thick is the treacle?

Going Nowhere
7th Apr 2024, 02:43
If this was a test to get into QF, would internals need to sit it?

On eyre
7th Apr 2024, 04:41
TEST thread.
Think this might be a test tickle 😳

Stuart Sutcliffe
7th Apr 2024, 07:21
Don’t know about crumpets, but I believe that song said there were 4000 in Albert Hall
To be pedantically correct, the Beatles song 'A Day in the Life' mentioned there were "4000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire". From that grew the line about then knowing how many holes might fill the Albert Hall. 😉

"I read the news today, oh boy
Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
And though the holes were rather small
They had to count them all
Now they know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Day_in_the_Life

Clare Prop
7th Apr 2024, 09:04
The answer is 42. What was the quetion again?

Senior Pilot
7th Apr 2024, 09:35

Everyone knows that the number 42 is, in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams, the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything", calculated by an enormous supercomputer named Deep Thought over a period of 7.5 million years.

Unfortunately, no one knows what the question is.

42psi
7th Apr 2024, 09:42

The second and less well known relevant question is

"What is the recommended tyre pressures front and rear for the Honda Blackbird CBR 1100XX motorcycle"

42 psi :)

Clare Prop
7th Apr 2024, 15:25
Is that an African or a European swallow?

redsnail
7th Apr 2024, 20:17
When will someone post the METARs? Or will we be waiting for the official report to be published?

Gargleblaster
7th Apr 2024, 20:57
Am myself fascinated by the field of Bistromathics, being just back from week long study tour in Italy.

tail wheel
7th Apr 2024, 21:13
In a dark, far away corner of the PPRuNe Empire there exists a Mod House, where Mods go to chat and tell poor jokes and atrocious lies without fear of being banned.

On Sunday 7 April 2024 at 5:52 am AEST I posted the following:

This seems to be really weird.......

At 5:44 am this morning (Sunday 7 April) this is a screen shot of the Dunnunda GA and Questions Forum:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1894x780/7_april_2024_4d5863a944fb620c4ae5f7dbd40d11c5f231e205.jpg
You will note the last post is at 18:12 on 5 April.

There are currently 120 viewers in the forum.

I don't believe there have been no posts in the last (almost) 36 hours in what is normally a lively forum??

I'll go start a test thread to see if that appears.

I could not believe a Dunnunda forum would not have a post for 36 hours, especially when there were 120 in the Forum who risked being late for 6:00 am Mass, choosing instead to check the latest aviation world news.

Hence this Forum TEST thread.

Disappointed? :}

Trevor the lover
7th Apr 2024, 22:13
Where's Farrari? Surely he's lurking ready to tell us he doesn't get paid enough to join this test, that he shouldn't be expected to do this test in his own time, that he's spoken to all his mates (well....his mate) and theyre all p.ssed off at having to do it, that the union should be onto this but theyre too p.ssweak, that this is actually a VA/Bain ssetup etc etc etc

Captain Dart
7th Apr 2024, 23:22
Surprising that Godwin’s Law has not been invoked; no one has mentioned Hitler yet…

oops, disregard.

TowerDog
8th Apr 2024, 01:45
Late to the party, did I pass the test? :sad:

joe_bloggs
8th Apr 2024, 06:08
42. I’m excited!

treadigraph
8th Apr 2024, 08:53
Bit like a woodpecker knocking on the tree. Brings all the creepy crawlies out from under the bark... :p​​​​​​​

Pinky the pilot
8th Apr 2024, 11:26
I could not believe a Dunnunda forum would not have a post for 36 hours

Surprisingly Taily, I actually noted the same myself, having logged in several times over that period of time and noted that there were no new posts!! I assumed that either a collective disregard for the forum had ensued or that there was a technical hitch.

And as for Where's Farrari? I must have been leading a sheltered life or that I'm really getting old and forgetful, as I really cannot honestly say that I have ever read any posts from him.

Or in other words "Never hoid of 'im!':}

nomess
8th Apr 2024, 11:59
And as for I must have been leading a sheltered life or that I'm really getting old and forgetful, as I really cannot honestly say that I have ever read any posts from him.

Or in other words "Never hoid of 'im!':}
DO NOT open any Virgin threads

Buy me a beer later.

tail wheel
8th Apr 2024, 23:56
Surprisingly Taily, I actually noted the same myself, having logged in several times over that period of time and noted that there were no new posts!! I assumed that either a collective disregard for the forum had ensued or that there was a technical hitch.

In almost 28 years activity on PPRuNe and certainly here on Day One of the Dunnunda Forums (whatever that year was), I don't recall there being any occasion when posts weren't made for 24 hours or in this case almost 36 hours, hence I suspected a fault somewhere. :confused:

Today is an "average" day in PPRuNe Dunnunda, 373 users in the Dunnunda R&N Forum and 252 users in this forum - today 625 users - whilst the headline Rumours & News forum has only 197 viewers on line (although it is 11:06 PM in Pomgolia). Tech Log occasionally give us a run for numbers, currently 465 on line. Jet Blast has only 62 viewers on line.

Have a great day......

Pinky the pilot
9th Apr 2024, 07:46
DO NOT open any Virgin threads

I never read Virgin threads. Too flamin' depressing! (wish there was a 'phooey' smilie)

Buy me a beer later.

Roger that. I'm headed back to Japan again soon. Will a six pack of Sapporo Draft do?:D

Clinton McKenzie
9th Apr 2024, 08:18
I subscribe to BeechTalk. Its version of ‘Jet Blast’ is ‘Babble Talk’. Like ‘Jet Blast’, ‘Bable Talk’ has 25 threads per page.

The most-viewed thread is ‘Jokes – Master Thread’. In 15 or so years, the ‘Jokes – Master Thread’ has dropped off the first page of ‘Babble Talk’, through lack of new posts, only twice (in my recollection). It usually remains in the ‘top 10’. I’m yet to work out what causes the protracted lack of posted jokes and reactions to happen – too little data to come any sensible conclusions – but it does strike me as very unusual when it happens. Maybe just an unusual alignment of the planets and moon…

First_Principal
9th Apr 2024, 20:47
In almost 28 years activity on PPRuNe and certainly here on Day One of the Dunnunda Forums (whatever that year was), I don't recall there being any occasion when posts weren't made for 24 hours or in this case almost 36 hours, hence I suspected a fault somewhere. :confused:.....

This cynical but amused user also suspects .... a degree of mischief in leaving the post alive in order to see what transpired :}

FWIW one forum that I have noticed a distinct drop-off over the years (was here long before this username) is Private Flying. That used to be quite busy and interesting, but now it seems that days can go by without any posts :(

FP.

Pinky the pilot
23rd Apr 2024, 07:23
If Tailwheel will permit me to resurrect his Test thread;

I note that the last post on GA was on the 23rd at 1528hrs. The one previous to that was on the 21st at 0717hrs. It appears that otherwise, the only comments are for one thread.

Sum ting Wong?:confused:

Or is this part of Dunnunda dying a slow death?

josephfeatherweight
23rd Apr 2024, 08:28
Nah, GA in Australia is dying a slow death...

Squawk7700
23rd Apr 2024, 10:51
Was the test successful overall?

Ascend Charlie
24th Apr 2024, 05:28
Give us some warning next time, I didn't have a chance to study for it.