PDA

View Full Version : ear surgery and poss loss caa medical

kaptainkhaos
4th Sep 2002, 18:57
having recently finished my faa to caa cpl/ir conversion ihave sufferd a nasty inner ear infection which after much hospital investiagtion has turned out to be a cholesteotoma (not sure exact spelling) which has now been removed under surgery but with substantial loss of hearing in one ear at present altough possibility of improvement when they go back in next may to reconstruct the inner ear for me .does any one know exactly what the medical regs are for caa class 1 medical retention as audiogram is due next year. as unemployed/not fling medical is not current and caa have not been informed yet

DXB
13th Sep 2002, 15:27
Having been in a similar pos as you, the best thing is to let the ear settle down, then go for a hearing test, poss, go for one a month to see how your hearing responds to the test and see if there is an improvement, once you feel that the tests are not improving then match these with what is required with your lic authority, then when you do your medical everything should go fine .The only thing that unless you have good medical cover you will have to pay for the tests.
If you have any more questions I will respond to them on this post.
I hope this helps