PDA

View Full Version : Has Qantas really got this bad?

Climb150
3rd Apr 2024, 20:22
Now I usually take news stories with a grain of salt because many people seem to have unrealistic expectations. The person in the linked article really was treated poorly and needs more than a partial refund.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-04-04/qantas-appalling-treatment-artist-with-disability/103653426

C441
3rd Apr 2024, 21:06
On a flight last year, Ms Handmer was upset to be told by cabin crew her inability to move had delayed the flight and inconvenienced the crew.
Not mentioned in the article but mentioned in the story on ABC radio AM this morning, is that Ms Handmer said the cabin crew and ground staff were very supportive and they did their best to assist her. That's not quite what is implied in the quote from the article.

nomess
3rd Apr 2024, 22:00
Historically all airlines here have been terrible at handling any person/s with special requirements. Virgin has been in the news recently multiple times. Bonza have not made the headlines yet.

Tiger took the cake when it started in 2007 when it refused to spend money on lifts. When the passengers arrived at said destinations they told them tough titties, just crawl off.

I don’t know which Manager is responsible for overseeing such processes but clearly all have no idea. Too busy spending money on diversity, rainbows, equality, diversity, sorry did I say equality?

megan
4th Apr 2024, 00:54
Historically all airlines here have been terrible at handling any person/s with special requirementsMy good Lady was confined to a wheelchair to get to and from the aircraft on a recent QF trip Darwin - Perth and return, the service provided was exemplary. The service industry comes in for brickbats but I like to acknowledge good service. Many thanks QF.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
4th Apr 2024, 03:20
Too busy spending money on diversity, rainbows, equality, diversity, sorry did I say equality?
And on glossy fluff like this:
Access and Inclusion Plan (https://qantas.com/content/dam/qantas/documents/pdf/qantas-access-and-inclusion-plan.pdf)

We will work to reasonably address these barriers in our operating environment to improve access and inclusion for our customers.
I guess "reasonably" depends on which side of the fence you sit.
They can do all they like to ease the journey to and from the aircraft. That's the easy bit. It's the on the aircraft bit that's tough.

4th Apr 2024, 14:35
And on glossy fluff like this:
I wonder how many consultants were engaged to come up with that.
Consultation, plan, goals, ambitions.
I was reminded once that when the weight of the paperwork equalled the weight of the aircraft, we could go flying.