PDA

View Full Version : UK rejoining EASA

212man
1st Apr 2024, 10:26
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/739x1600/image_5c887d655c266969da6550579c85071353465bf8.png
Good news!

connoisseur
1st Apr 2024, 11:10
April Fool….

DuncanDoenitz
1st Apr 2024, 13:30
Months to extricate ourselves, and rejoin with "immediate effect". Its a no-brainer. On so many levels.

jimf671
1st Apr 2024, 13:39
Good try.

Bravo73
1st Apr 2024, 18:22
If only... :{

paco
2nd Apr 2024, 07:02
Difficult that, with the ECJ in the way.

Torquetalk
2nd Apr 2024, 07:17
Difficult that, with the ECJ in the way.

Is the ECJ lobbying to stop the UK agreeing common standards and reciprocal recognition of qualifications?

paco
3rd Apr 2024, 07:09
No, the reason why we couldn't stay with EASA on Brexit is because it is under their bailiwick.

42psi
3rd Apr 2024, 08:56
No, the reason why we couldn't stay with EASA on Brexit is because it is under their bailiwick.

Sadly it's so simple and the perfect example of the intelligence capacity of the political grouping behind the drive for Brexit.

It has the word European in the title.

Remember even the CAA were telling us we wouldn't be leaving EASA, until we were.

TURIN
3rd Apr 2024, 09:10
I still have a letter from the MOT via my MP stating we would not be leaving EASA. 🙄

Torquetalk
3rd Apr 2024, 09:18

Now I am getting more confused. Are you saying that the the EU told the UK that it could not stay in EASA?

This thread began as a joke by 212man. But if you are privy to real reasons why we have had to endure the administrative, personal and professional cost that has resulted, without being cryptic, please share.

ShyTorque
3rd Apr 2024, 09:34
I’m still trying to come to terms with JAR….

TURIN
3rd Apr 2024, 09:41
Now I am getting more confused. Are you saying that the the EU told the UK that it could not stay in EASA?

This thread began as a joke by 212man. But if you are privy to real reasons why we have had to endure the administrative, personal and professional cost that has resulted, without being cryptic, please share.
EASA is enforced by the ECJ. The EU were very happy for us to remain within EASA but the ERG etc wanted to 'take back control' and insisted that the UK's sovereignty was paramount. Ergo no UK regulations could be over ruled by the ECJ. Result, hard Brexit.

pax britanica
3rd Apr 2024, 10:14
If we now do everything ourselves of this nature how many more civil servants have we had to employ on transport, food, shipping, technology transfer etc etc etc because of the B word

Of course most ERG members live in the 18th Century so have no clue about the real world -shouldn't they and BJ face some sort of punishment for their evil deeds now the whole thing has turned out to be a complete farce.

hargreaves99
3rd Apr 2024, 13:17
Basically the CAA didn't fight hard enough for us to stay in EASA.

CAA, DVLA, Passport office, HMRC, etc all fking useless

paco
3rd Apr 2024, 14:26
To be fair to them, they didn't know either.

Abrahn
3rd Apr 2024, 21:40
EASA is enforced by the ECJ. The EU were very happy for us to remain within EASA but the ERG etc wanted to 'take back control' and insisted that the UK's sovereignty was paramount. Ergo no UK regulations could be over ruled by the ECJ. Result, hard Brexit.

So does that mean you can do a EASA licence in Northern Ireland (where the ECJ still has jurisdiction)? ;-)

md 600 driver
3rd Apr 2024, 21:59
I believe you can do a licence in the gb if the ATO has easa permission

handysnaks
4th Apr 2024, 11:52
Basically the CAA didn't fight hard enough for us to stay in EASA.

CAA, DVLA, Passport office, HMRC, etc all fking useless

Well, it’s a take I suppose.

212man
4th Apr 2024, 12:57
I believe you can do a licence in the gb if the ATO has easa permission
https://www.easa.europa.eu/en/downloads/136195/en

jimf671
4th Apr 2024, 13:42
.... ... DVLA, Passport office, HMRC, etc all fking useless

If my recent experiences are anything to go by, yes, definitely. We are in 'failed state' territory.

212man
4th Apr 2024, 15:14
If my recent experiences are anything to go by, yes, definitely. We are in 'failed state' territory.
My recent experiences have been the contrary. Last year received a fairly large (5 figures) tax refund from HMRC within weeks of submitting the assessment. This year, I applied online for a counter passport service - made online on the evening of 31st December 2023 (pretty rock and roll lifestyle!), selected Saturday the 5th January, as flying to UK from NL, all confirmed on 3rd Jan. Once checked in on the Friday morning, at AMS, I found a mail in my spam folder, saying I needed a letter from my employer as I was asking for a second passport. I called the help line and was through within 5 minutes, explained I already had a second passport which was also going to expire shortly, and I was not intending to renew it. I was instructed to just submit both for cancellation, and there would be no issues. On Saturday afternoon, I got off the Elizabeth Line at Custom House at 14:00, and at 14:20 I was back on the platform waiting to go back into town!

haihio
4th Apr 2024, 16:23
Are there any other European nationals with a UK only pilots license that are stuck in the UK?
or am I the only one…..

212man
5th Apr 2024, 15:35
Are there any other European nationals with a UK only pilots license that are stuck in the UK?
or am I the only one…..
Have a look here - some NAAs seem quite pragmatic: https://www.enac.gov.it/en/safety-security/personnel-certification/personnel-licencing/conversion-of-atpl-h-licences-issued-by