PDA

View Full Version : USA Nashville TN and SC meet-up

snooken
1st Apr 2024, 08:40
Long time lurker, first time poster...
Long shot here... Me and Mrs. Snooken are heading over from Sweden to the US on the 21st of April for a work thing of hers. Will be in Nashville, TN first week and then head to SC.

Since I will have some time on my hands I wanted to see if any industry professionals want to meet up and share experiences? I'm not looking for jobs or selling anything.
I find it difficult to talk shop in my own country since we are all competitors, so sharing solutions withing the industry isn't a big thing.
Initially I was thinking about hitting up some companies but figured it’s more fun to get in touch this way.

What I offer:
I play a central role in a company specializing in aerial work and commercial air transport (same as Part 135 I believe). In addition to flying I manage the company’s processes that pertain to compliance monitoring and safety management. In the past I have also started up and managed a small flight training organization (still miss teaching).
I don't have any problems sharing solutions I have.

What I'm curious about:
The state of the industry in the area and in the US in general. What problems are operators facing? I can imagine that the US market is not getting crushed by the FAA as we are by EASA?
Who's who? What are the big players in the area? If you are a part of an operation, I’d love to see your site and see how you run things. I'll bring the doughnuts!
My current employer is considering taking up human external cargo, so if you have experience I would love to hear what challenges you faced.
...And of course swapping stories and shooting the ****.

SASless
1st Apr 2024, 17:03
While in Nashville make sure to spend your evenings on Music Row....enjoy the music and indulge in some BBQ.

You might also consider taking in "The Grand Ol' Opry" one night.

What part of South Carolina you visiting?

snooken
1st Apr 2024, 18:44
BBQ on the itinerary for sure, I'll check out the Opry too since i didnt go last time i was there (pre corona).
Staying in Greenville but will make excursions with the rental car.

SASless
1st Apr 2024, 19:49
Take a side trip and visit the Biltmore Estate in Asheville NC and perhaps take in part of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

The Biltmore House is impressive....makes you wonder how the Rich can make it in such a lowly abode.

Patriot's Point in Charleston, SC is also a nice visit...along with Fort Sumpter.

Wilmington NC has the Battleship North Carolina.

snooken
2nd Apr 2024, 16:18
Thanks! Allways nice to get tips from someone who knows the area,:ok:

Gordy
2nd Apr 2024, 16:58
FOr the work you are doing, the closest operation would be Tenesee Valley Authority, (TVA), Google is your friend.

Chock Puller
3rd Apr 2024, 01:59
Is the sight seeing operator still in Sevierville?