PDA

View Full Version : Job Help!!!

Deepdown22
29th Mar 2024, 10:40
g'day

I'd like some lecturing and criticism by those with experience if I'm doing the wrong thing, but anyway:

I'm sure we're all aware of the struggles low-hour pilots face when trying to get a job let alone a job in an airline (I'm that low-hour pilot). Ideally, I'd like to be in the cockpit of a jet getting experience and my hours up in an a320, but that's almost impossible considering I'm not in a cadetship or have been through the QGPA.

But, I've realised in Europe (correct me if I'm wrong) low-hour pilots are getting jobs as junior first officers on the jets at many of the major low-cost carriers after less than a year from finishing their CPL (e.g. Easyjet, Wizzair and others).

My dilemma is I have dual citizenship in the UK and Australia, and was wondering if it was moving to the UK and converting my CASA license to a CAA licence in hopes of getting accepted to the low-cost carriers in Europe. My other option is to stay in Australia as an instructor or make the move up north and find a gig to do up there until I reach at least 1000 hours. My thoughts are if I manage to get a job at the airlines in Europe it will set me up well for a mainline job when I get back to Aus.

Cheers in advance!