PDA

View Full Version : Revision to CAP 371 - Flight Time Limitations?

parkfell
4th Sep 2002, 15:18
End of last year the UK CAA proposed amendments to FTL. Has anybody any idea as to when a new CAP 371 might appear?

gandolf
4th Sep 2002, 18:20
The CAA has received comments on the proposed changes to CAP 371 and will be reissuing the proposed changes with a few minor amendments. The change to a maximum of 55 duty hours in any consecutive 7 days is still in. These final proposed amendments will be reissued shortly (if they haven't been already). Approximately 2 months later they should become law.

Seriph
7th Sep 2002, 13:36
The FTL business needs total overhaul as we all know. It still amazes me how our political masters will happily pick up working time limitations in industries were it is convenient but not in travel, emergency and essential services. On many occasions I find that having just landed a 200+ passengers I am not fit to drive a car and sleep for however long in the carpark. And the powers that be, they forbid me to have more than 20mg of alcohol, good to know that they can sort their priorities. Who is responsible for this? Well lets start with the Welsh windbag in Brussels, he is in charge of European legislation in these matters and that is all that matters these days. Only thing I've seen him do succesfully though is fall over in the surf! Say's it all.