PDA

View Full Version : Light aircraft hire in Perth

Spearing Britney
4th Sep 2002, 14:11
G'day all!

I am a comercial pilot from the cold hemisphere coming down to Perth in October and was looking for some pointers for hiring a light single (preferably a PA-28) from an outfit near Perth for a jolly or two. I am told the JAR-FCL licence can be validated on the spot for pleasure flying down under...

Thanks...

AMRAAM
5th Sep 2002, 07:36
PA-28 available from MINOVATION, they have a web site by the same name.

Lots of other acft available for hire on the strip, while some may not agree, my order of preference is ;

RACWA (Royal Aero Club of WA)
MINOVATION
THE AEROPLANE COMPANY
the rest,
except leave AIR AUSTRALIA last on any list.

Spearing Britney
5th Sep 2002, 13:11
Thanks AMRAAM, will go find... :D

Charlie Foxtrot India
5th Sep 2002, 13:34
You'll need to take your logbook, medical and licence to the CASA office at Perth domestic terminal and ask for a certificate of validation. Not always done on the spot, easiest way is to ask our Maureen at CASA to fax it to wherever you are going to hire the aircraft from, usually done in a matter of hours. Then you need to do an aeropane flight review with the people you are hiring from, and then go and see the sights! Check your email.:)

Towering Q
6th Sep 2002, 02:39
AMRAAM....what has Air America done this time?:rolleyes:

AMRAAM
6th Sep 2002, 12:18
TQ

I have no idea, what may have happened this time.

It is simply my personal preference, I do put them last, I also don't rate the same as everyone else. Some may put them higher some may consider them to be very good?. I will let them say so.

Over here on the east coast, and not having been in YPJT for almost a year now, my main source of news is D&G or what I get from friends in emails. You may guess that my biases are not about the company as much as about the o............ .