PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Jobs for a Fresher in Middle East

boeinglovers
14th Mar 2024, 06:23
What can a fresh pilot who graduated with a FAA CPL ME/IR do, when in the UAE?
I'm aware GCAA license conversion and attempting ATPL Theory from the ATOs are something I'll need to do. But will that help in securing a job with any airlines in the Middle East?
EK is going on a roadshow all over the world, anyone aware if EK or other airlines willing to do a bond for pilots similar to my case?

BA pilot recruitment team is currently in DXB as part of their roadshow, yet they don't specify what they're looking for in their candidates.

Appreciate y'all advice and thoughts.

rudestuff
14th Mar 2024, 08:22
What does it say on the front of your passport? If you have a UAE passport you should have plenty of options. If you don't you have zero chance. You'll need to wait and apply with a few thousand jet hours.

cruisepower
14th Mar 2024, 10:38
What can a fresh pilot who graduated with a FAA CPL ME/IR do, when in the UAE?
I'm aware GCAA license conversion and attempting ATPL Theory from the ATOs are something I'll need to do. But will that help in securing a job with any airlines in the Middle East?
EK is going on a roadshow all over the world, anyone aware if EK or other airlines willing to do a bond for pilots similar to my case?

BA pilot recruitment team is currently in DXB as part of their roadshow, yet they don't specify what they're looking for in their candidates.

Appreciate y'all advice and thoughts.

The only chance for you to land a job as a fresher is with flydubai through their second officer program but it's comes at a cost. There is no way you can convert your foregin license to GCAA without a sponsor or a guranteed job unless you are a local.

Wizofoz
15th Mar 2024, 04:01
Is Falcon Cargo still flying Beech 1900s in Dubai? I know a couplde of pilots who cut their teeth with them and gone onto great things.

cruisepower
15th Mar 2024, 08:06
Is Falcon Cargo still flying Beech 1900s in Dubai? I know a couplde of pilots who cut their teeth with them and gone onto great things.

They closed down back in 2012/2013