PDA

View Full Version : BAe modular training

two speed prop
4th Sep 2002, 13:51
I have recently been trying to find out info. on modular traning with BAe in Jerez. Apparently they are likely to take on students at the beginning of next year. I contacted them for an approximate price for the CPL/IR, but as yet have heard nothing.

Has anyone got firmer likely dates or a rough guide on the price of their CPL and IR courses?

Also,

I was told recently that under JAR you have to do your flight training in the same country as your ground exams. Is there any truth in this or is it complete nonsense.

Cheers,

TSP:confused: :confused:

pinkpilot
4th Sep 2002, 15:16
Yeah apparently they are doing modular but they want to concentrate on the integrated course and they don;t have date re next year at all. Yes you do have to do the theory and flight training in the same country, but you can add ratings anywhere ie get theory and CPL in the UK and then multi IR anywhere.

Just had a thought how does that work with Oxfords Texas deal???Theory in UK and Flying in US?????

Angelīs One Fife
4th Sep 2002, 16:33
Under JAR FCL your training should all be completed under the same National Licensing Authority within the JAR States.

E.G UK CAA JAR FCL exams sat and flying taught by a UK approved FTO.

two speed prop
6th Sep 2002, 13:18
Just received an email from Mary Jo in marketing. It basically says modular courses are expected to start some time next year. No dates or prices i'm afraid.

Anyone with more info. out there?

cheers,

TSP