PDA

View Full Version : KIWI E3

dotell
11th Mar 2024, 10:32
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but is there any kind of story regarding why E3 visas, or something similar, is not being offered to kiwi pilots? I’d imagine Air Nz would lose a slew of drivers to fat salaried Atlas and the like and the Kiwi government, as substantial stake holders in the Koru wouldn’t be happy with that?

So I wonder if a visa scheme for Kiwis has been suggested by the Americans and declined by the Kiwis or was it never offered in the first place due to Nz’s slight outlier, anti-nuclear, ANZUS wrecking status and Australia’s slightly firmer suck on Uncles Sam’s teat. Theories? Suppositions? Facts from insiders even better.

ozbiggles
11th Mar 2024, 11:03
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but is there any kind of story regarding why E3 visas, or something similar, is not being offered to kiwi pilots? I’d imagine Air Nz would lose a slew of drivers to fat salaried Atlas and the like and the Kiwi government, as substantial stake holders in the Koru wouldn’t be happy with that?

So I wonder if a visa scheme for Kiwis has been suggested by the Americans and declined by the Kiwis or was it never offered in the first place due to Nz’s slight outlier, anti-nuclear, ANZUS wrecking status and Australia’s slightly firmer suck on Uncles Sam’s teat. Theories? Suppositions? Facts from insiders even better.

I think you have answered your own question. But you are on the Kool aid if you think Atlas has a fat salary in the first 10 years of being there.

Rico_Corp
11th Mar 2024, 11:04

It's an Oz only scheme due to it being closely related to the 2004/5 Australia–United States Free Trade Agreement (AUSFTA).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E-3_visa

richardstroker
11th Mar 2024, 11:16
I think you have answered your own question. But you are on the Kool aid if you think Atlas has a fat salary in the first 10 years of being there.

I guess the definition of "fat salary" differs from person to person, but at year 4 the current take home pay is around $240k AUD, with another $100k on that by year 6 when upgraded, you're doing better than the large majority in this country.

BravoSierraLima
11th Mar 2024, 23:24
Recently, it was made easier for Kiwis to become Aussie citizens. For those Kiwis who are interested in jumping through some hoops and therefore qualifying for the E-3 visa:
Pathways for New Zealand citizens (homeaffairs.gov.au) (https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/entering-and-leaving-australia/new-zealand-citizens/pathway-to-permanent-resident-and-citizenship)

DeltaT
12th Mar 2024, 13:12
You need to write to the MP of Trade and Export Growth on this matter. -So with a new government in place, it is a good time for you to remind the new MP!

Australias' E-3 visa, was negotiated under the US-Australian Free Trade Agreement.
In a nutshell, NZ does not have any active market access negotiations in place with the US at all.

NZ is part of the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF), but does not allow for market access commitments.
However under the Trade and Investment Framework there is scope where this can be raised. -Such as US E1 and E2 visas (Knowledgeable Innovators and Worthy Investors) in place at present.

Short of new negotiations, come to Auz, wait 4yrs, get citizenship, then you can go to USA.

Gnadenburg
15th Mar 2024, 05:54
Kiwis love to bag Australia but any scent of economic opportunity here and they are onto it. And they righteously sit on the fence with the US but here’s an opportunity you want too?Nope. E3’s are for reliable allies only but of course there’s a back door for kiwis to come in via Australian citizenship.