PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand Turboprop Assessment Day

nmiro2
7th Mar 2024, 01:16
Hi everyone,
Has anyone completed the turboprop assessment day recently?
Can you tell me what to expect and what I should know as an Aussie pilot visiting NZ for the first time?

PiperCameron
7th Mar 2024, 04:01
Can you tell me what to expect and what I should know as an Aussie pilot visiting NZ for the first time?

High mountains.. people who speak with a funny accent...

dctPub
7th Mar 2024, 04:18
Hi everyone,
Has anyone completed the turboprop assessment day recently?

Pray you don't end up on the dash 8.

DeltaT
7th Mar 2024, 09:09
Question bank available from Pinstripe Solutions website (I'm not affiliated)

Probably out of date, some might have changed some might not:
The assigned person looking after you will informally ask if you watch Rugby. (cultural fit)
Don't eat the supplied lunch, it always falls apart.
Take some food with you for lunch in case your sim is at lunch time.
Even when when you think you are not being tested you are being watched.
When they ask you questions in the sim while flying, tell them to try later when finished, you are flying the plane. (old boys nz chestnut that one).
Know holds entries, and arc approach distance and times calculations. They get their jollies on those.
Shut down any social media accounts to private if not already.
Watch out for the pilot candidate that makes an illogical suggestion in the group exercise, always one for some reason, can't think why.

First_Principal
7th Mar 2024, 18:55
High mountains.. people who speak with a funny accent...

High Real mountains.. people who speak with a funny accent propah uxunt...

FTFY :}

Ascend Charlie
8th Mar 2024, 05:53
people who speak with a funny accent propah uxunt...

​​​​​​​Can't even git the exxint right...

PiperCameron
8th Mar 2024, 06:05
Can't even git the exxint right...

No worries.. ATC will fix that for you: "..tirn luft on piper.."

Like most places in the world, just try not to laugh and you'll do just fine! :cool:

kjvmw
8th Mar 2024, 22:33
Stay in Aus mate. So many better options. Extremely high cost of living, crap pay, multiple short sectors, low yearly flying meaning long command times. Rex, qlink, link etc all superior options.

Icemansteeve
8th Mar 2024, 23:27
Easily the most comprehensive and challenging interview I've ever done, however I cannot speak highly enough of their process. Across both days I left feeling that the interviewers went out of their way to extract the best version of me.

As others have said you're always being assessed, whether that's during lunch and especially when the chief pilot comes down for tea and biccies on the last day. Carry yourself with the air of a professional at all times.

PM me if you want more.

oldm8ey
9th Mar 2024, 07:05
A country in very rapid decline. Kiwis are leaving in droves. Even Jacinda has left. Stay in Aus. Thank me later.

Zeta_Reticuli
9th Mar 2024, 07:55
A country in very rapid decline. Kiwis are leaving in droves. Even Jacinda has left. Stay in Aus. Thank me later.

NZ is finished. Australia not far behind. The Bolsheviks have full control of the West. Most will only wake up when they are being starved out.