PDA

View Full Version : 50 yrs aviation award

havoc
6th Mar 2024, 19:58
https://www.facebook.com/share/upy4T8yxfBPBHKt5/?mibextid=WC7FNe

worked with Steve Rutland 94-97, amazing career

NutLoose
8th Mar 2024, 17:59
Iv’e got two years to run to hit 50 years as an Aircraft Engineer, do I expect an award…no, but blank signed cheques, ( that’s checks to you colonials ) postal orders or cash readily accepted… ;) :p

ShyTorque
8th Mar 2024, 18:27
He’s a year behind me. First solo flight was well before the legal driving age and I’m supposed to be retired (but not quite).

My reward is being able to turn a flight down when I choose and having a lie-in. :)

421dog
8th Mar 2024, 19:53
Iv’e got two years to run to hit 50 years as an Aircraft Engineer, do I expect an award…no, but blank signed cheques, ( that’s checks to you colonials ) postal orders or cash readily accepted… ;) :p
This side of the pond, I’ll meet you and take you to dinner if you’re someplace within a tank of gas in a T-28, a T-6 or BT.:.
I got my License in 1983 so I’m ten years behind you.:.

NutLoose
9th Mar 2024, 00:59
Thanks for the Offer 421dog, but that would involve flying to you and that’s far too dangerous :}

Rigga
10th Mar 2024, 22:15
Just going through a list of interviews for further work (with no applications made) in a variety of aviation fields such as CAMO or Compliance…at 66 years old...not retired yet and I started when I was just 17.

tonytales
11th Mar 2024, 02:40
Over here in USA the FAA awards the Charles Taylor Award to people exercising their A&P licenses for fifty years of service. You have to have a clean record or at least not have been caught. :8. At least thars what the Inspector from the FAA said when he awarded mine in 2007. Still hangs in my room with pride.
Still around, not turning any wrenches now though. Pulled plug at 53 years and would not change a thing.

Not Long Here
11th Mar 2024, 03:52
Just clocked up 50 years between the RAF and RNZAF. 4 Feb 74 and still going ................... somehow

Herod
11th Mar 2024, 10:05
Not all aviation, that was '65 to '04. However. I caught the aviation bug at the age of five, a BoB day at an RAF base. A good flying career, and now a volunteer at an aviation museum.

"You can take the man out of aviation, but you can't take aviation out of the man." One bug for which there is no antivirus.