PDA

View Full Version : Modular training then L3 or FTE Jerez

plusblade
25th Feb 2024, 09:02
Was doing some research online. I've just started my PPL, working full time and was looking at schools that offer "links to airlines" "graduate placement pools" for modular pilots, I can see L3 have one of you do their APS MCC or Flight deck plus with FTE Jerez CPL to APS MCC (not sure if they offer dual UK/CAA) will help you get you an airline job.

Not sure if there is any great benefit with L3, apparently you do get into a pool

With FTE Jerez it would minimise gap on CV if you do resign, or could potentially keep your full time job and ask for a career break as you can do PPL, ATPL theory and hour building on your own time before applying

Otherwise I will just stick to modular whilst keeping my full time job doing my APS MCC with VA training

parkfell
25th Feb 2024, 10:12
Beware of Snake Oil salesmen.
Critical that you research all training providers together with their conduct to customers in the recent past before deciding what course of action to follow.
Your last paragraph has merit; your ability to ultimately work as part of a two crew is the acid test as to whether you are suitable for the airlines.
Crack on with the ATPL groundschool once your PPL training is complete.
Full time work will slow down your progress, as 800 hours study is scheduled. That equates to about 30 hours over 6 months.
You need to decide where your passion lies. Either your well paid current job, or aviation.
An analogy is thinking you want to join the Church ~you need to believe in God

plusblade
25th Feb 2024, 11:22
Beware of Snake Oil salesmen.
Critical that you research all training providers together with their conduct to customers in the recent past before deciding what course of action to follow.
Your last paragraph has merit; your ability to ultimately work as part of a two crew is the acid test as to whether you are suitable for the airlines.
Crack on with the ATPL groundschool once your PPL training is complete.
Full time work will slow down your progress, as 800 hours study is scheduled. That equates to about 30 hours over 6 months.
You need to decide where your passion lies. Either your well paid current job, or aviation.
An analogy is thinking you want to join the Church ~you need to believe in God
Nothing got to do with passion, unfortunately I don't have the option to live with parents rent free, otherwise I would quit and live without paying rent doing modular as I can afford it. London rent btw

I am willing to sacrifice all of my annual leave (booking half day to fly more), weekends and time outside of work (4 hours a day)

I have read blogs/watched interviews of pilots who maintained a full time job while training and joined ryanair and jet2, I'm not sure how many of them booked half day annual leave to train but that is the best strategy imo