PDA

View Full Version : BA SSP

aviator86444
22nd Feb 2024, 14:15
Anyone here planning on / have already applied for the new British Airways Self Sponsored Pathway?

HypoxicWaiter
22nd Feb 2024, 15:35
I'm tempted. It's not very clear though.

"Completed up to their IR" does that mean you don't need to have started the CPL?

aviator86444
22nd Feb 2024, 15:54
I agree, not clear at all. Yes I assume so.
I haven't commenced training yet and was going through the questions, they all seem directed at people in the late stages / have completed their training even though I thought you could apply before starting?

pilotaiden15
22nd Feb 2024, 16:25
I'm considering applying but noticed there are 2 vacancies out: (Apologies can't post complete link as I have fewer than 8 posts)

1) https ://jobs . ba . com/jobs/vacancy/speedbird-self-sponsored-pathway-with-ato-9004-gatwick-airport/9022/description/
2) https ://careers . ba . com/job/crawley/speedbird-self-sponsored-pathway-post-ir/32612/61617637408

As someone who also hasn't commenced commercial training yet, though has completed ATPL's it would be no.1 I would be applying for. I'm training modular so I think I can apply, provided I finish training in the next 2.5 years 'If training on a modular route, training must be completed within 2.5 years.'
Though I'm not sure if applying to 1, and training via the modular route, you would then need to complete the rest of your commercial training at L3/Skyborne/ Leading edge+ the others they have partnered with, or I am free to pick my own provider e.g. Aeros? If anyone knows the answer it would be appreciated, in the mean time I'll send out a few emails and try find out a little more...

jedro
23rd Feb 2024, 05:11
It looks like the two routes are mirroring the old Whitetail and NQPP routes. One allows training with any provider, but you can't apply until IR is complete. The other lets you apply before you start any training at all, but only with the four selected ATOs. Interestingly the second route refers to modular training, even though those ATOs don't seem to offer modular training any more (except Leading Edge perhaps).

One thing to beware of, it looks there are common 6 month timers across all of these routes, including the Speedbird Academy. That might mean that applying to one path blocks you from applying to another for 6 months, so choose wisely!

szi
10th Apr 2024, 17:10
Has anyone here been called for the interview for the self sponsored pathway?

pilotaiden15
11th Apr 2024, 16:50
Has anyone here been called for the interview for the self sponsored pathway?

applied for the first one, haven't heard anything at all so assume its a no. Though the tests you had to complete had a deadline of September which I thought was odd...

martinbryson
12th Apr 2024, 07:36
has anyone been to the tech testing yet ?

rmax2
1st May 2024, 14:43
Hello, anyone sent off their video interview yet for SSP Post IR vacancy and had a reply yet?

allert
1st May 2024, 18:54
Hello, anyone sent off their video interview yet for SSP Post IR vacancy and had a reply yet?

They usually give you an outcome within 24-48 hours.

rmax2
1st May 2024, 19:47
They usually give you an outcome within 24-48 hours.

yeah I got mine quickly and have booked for next stage. Just gauging if others have booked onto next stage for the post IR vacancy. Thanks