PDA

View Full Version : Family Life at Emirates

caprod
21st Feb 2024, 17:45
Hi guys! I’m considering moving to EK, but I’m concerned about school’s tuition if paying for the 4th child, what options are there to manage that issue and still be able to save some money? Anybody there with more than 3 kids in school ?

Pif Paf
22nd Feb 2024, 03:48
I know 1 guy who left specifically because he had a 4th child whilst in Dubai. To be truthful they found out it was on the way after accepting the offer. He joined but could not sustain life as FO with 4 kids.Emirates only pays towards schooling for 3 children, not 4. Emirates does not pay for kindergarten for any children. Also only annual leave ticket / id90 etc for 3 kids, not 4. Also you have to travel with your kids and if they’re under the age limit for upgrade as an FO you get to sit in economy and then you get the problem if trying to travel on ID90 of not getting on if you can’t sit together!
4 kids was a deal breaker in his view . He left and is back at his previous company and a lot happier!

ramang
22nd Feb 2024, 05:34
May I ask what is the age limit for the kids to be upgrade to Business class?

waydownsouth
22nd Feb 2024, 12:22
Also you have to travel with your kids and if they’re under the age limit for upgrade as an FO you get to sit in economy !

What age would that be? I’d never heard of minimum ages for upgrading.

Fuel-Off
22nd Feb 2024, 16:22
What age would that be? I’d never heard of minimum ages for upgrading

Since the EK521 'incident', you need to be older than 30 to upgrade.

Aero_manoloman
22nd Feb 2024, 16:46
What does EK521 have to do with staff travel upgrade eligibility?

Flamengo
22nd Feb 2024, 17:05
What does EK521 have to do with staff travel upgrade eligibility?

By upgrade, Pif Paf means an upgrade to CAPT, so you get business on ID90 for the family. As an FO, ID90 is economy.
FO to CAPT upgrade min age limit is 30 years.
Hope this helps.

Aero_manoloman
22nd Feb 2024, 22:00
By upgrade, Pif Paf means an upgrade to CAPT, so you get business on ID90 for the family. As an FO, ID90 is economy.
FO to CAPT upgrade min age limit is 30 years.
Hope this helps.
I see. Thanks

Mr Good Cat
23rd Feb 2024, 09:35

Love it! :)

But you should point out that it's an in-joke to new joiners.

aviation_enthus
23rd Feb 2024, 15:05
We have 4 kids, did 5 years as 777 F/O.

No ALT, but full staff travel (incl ID90) for 4th child. We just booked a CAT C ticket to join with the ALT booking.

Medical insurance is provided but at a higher rate, but you’re already paying for spouse and other children.

Schooling; the school our kids were at did an EK family rate to fit in the allowance. Our 4th child would have been at the same rate, just our bill to pay instead. However, we ended up leaving when she was due to start school.

caprod
26th Feb 2024, 16:52
We have 4 kids, did 5 years as 777 F/O.

No ALT, but full staff travel (incl ID90) for 4th child. We just booked a CAT C ticket to join with the ALT booking.

Medical insurance is provided but at a higher rate, but you’re already paying for spouse and other children.

Schooling; the school our kids were at did an EK family rate to fit in the allowance. Our 4th child would have been at the same rate, just our bill to pay instead. However, we ended up leaving when she was due to start school.

did you leave because of company issues ? Would you go back ? Or found a better pay in another company ?

aviation_enthus
27th Feb 2024, 09:55
did you leave because of company issues ? Would you go back ? Or found a better pay in another company ?

Just time to go home. Kids were approaching high school and that was the limit we set. Plus home was recruiting like crazy.

Went over with a plan to save some $$, travel as a family (staff travel is good with EK) and career (can’t beat their international network in most “home” countries).

DCS99
4th Mar 2024, 04:01
May I ask what is the age limit for the kids to be upgrade to Business class?

12 for FO