PDA

View Full Version : A320 Thrust Reverser locked out-wind limitation

Iceman49
4th Sep 2002, 03:41
Within the past year or 2 there was a discussion concerning a wind limitation of 15kts on A320 with a thrust reverser locked out. Does anyone have any info on this, and where it might be located in the Airbus manuals. Thx

Scallywag
6th Sep 2002, 10:47
Iceman, can't find anything in my manuals at home, but am in the 320 this afternoon so I'll have a look for you. I'm pretty sure it will be in the MEL if there is a limitation, rather than the fcom's

320DRIVER
6th Sep 2002, 16:39
You can also a reverser in flight e.g. by a hydraulic system failure or even a simple LGCIU fault.

I think that the 15 kt limit would have been mentioned in the MMEL as stated by Scallywag or even on the ECAM Status or FCOM 3 for in-flight failures.

Iceman49
9th Sep 2002, 02:05
Thanks, I couldn't find it either...I just thought I remembered that there was a 15kt xwnd limitation with a thrust rev locked out. or a single engine...probably a good idea, just not a limitation.

Scallywag
10th Sep 2002, 12:41
Iceman, sorry for delay. I flew the 321, then the 320 the following day. neither have any limitaion mentioned in MEL or AFM for thrust reverse locked out. Hope that helps

Scally :)