PDA

View Full Version : QF A321XLR’s

ROH111
18th Feb 2024, 03:31
35 x A321XLR’s to be announced as coming to Qantas Mainline on Thursday.

Taking the total order to 55 replacing roughly 75 B737’s in the long run.

Crewing numbers will be increased from what the 737 currently is: this is based on extended range flying with overnights chewing up crew numbers.

A319’s (ex network) rumoured to be switched across to Mainline if Network keep up these antics.

walesregent
18th Feb 2024, 03:58
A319’s (ex network) rumoured to be switched across to Mainline if Network keep up these antics.

Replace high hour 737s with even higher hour bucket of sh*t a319s? Their contempt for the travelling public is limitless. If it’s an industrial tactic (my suspicion) to promise a shiny new jet to another AOC if NAA doesn’t fall in line, they have forgotten about the shiny and new parts that actually make it a threat.

aussieflyboy
18th Feb 2024, 04:08
From 75 B737s to 55 A321s and 29 A220s.

Well done Qantas Management for significantly reducing the cost base of the already profitable QF domestic.

E-Jets to pick up the ex Cobham 717 work.

An overall reduction of Australian Pilot terms and conditions. More QantasLINK Jet aircraft then Qantas.

Props _are_for_boats
18th Feb 2024, 04:16
Would anything less than 75 321 aircraft (IE replaced 1 for 1) be considered transfer of business?

nomess
18th Feb 2024, 04:22
Replace high hour 737s with even higher hour bucket of sh*t a319s? Their contempt for the travelling public is limitless. If it’s an industrial tactic (my suspicion) to promise a shiny new jet to another AOC if NAA doesn’t fall in line, they have forgotten about the shiny and new parts that actually make it a threat.
Why the **** would NAA crews gives a flying toss at the A319 flying elsewhere. Let’s all go sign the dotted line right away coz we really want to fly the old old rust buckets. These aircraft are absolute pieces of rubbish, which makes sense if they are wanting mainline passengers to fly them.

They already have all other A320 Fam aircraft in the group on higher wages, what’s an extra A319.

framer
18th Feb 2024, 04:50
So that the pilots with the higher base already deep into overtime can fly the premium passengers in the older aircraft?

walesregent
18th Feb 2024, 05:01
So that the pilots with the higher base already deep into overtime can fly the premium passengers in the older aircraft?

The complete absurdity of it certainly gives it authenticity as being a company generated rumour. They are getting desperate if this is what their scare campaigns are starting to look like

Hawker7474
18th Feb 2024, 05:18

Well, that made me laugh

Ollie Onion
18th Feb 2024, 07:02
Can’t come soon enough, sick of wedging myself into these f#$kn 737’s on 5 hour flights.

Ollie Onion
18th Feb 2024, 07:03
Well, that made me laugh

to be fair that sounds exactly like something Qantas IR would say, ‘if you don’t accept our **** offer we will transfer the planes to an airline with far greater costs!’ Only reply to that should be ‘go on then’.

BravoSierraLima
18th Feb 2024, 07:32

Crewing numbers will be increased from what the 737 currently is: this is based on extended range flying with overnights chewing up crew numbers.

I hope the A321XLR part is true, I just wonder how much back of the clock flying will be needed for 55 aircraft to require more pilots than the current 75x 737s? How much BoC flying does the 737 do now?

Deano969
18th Feb 2024, 07:55

Did I miss something here ?

SOPS
18th Feb 2024, 08:46
I thought the new CEO ( what ever her name is), said the things would be different. The whole board and management needs to go and fresh faces ( who understand airlines ) bought in.

Global Aviator
18th Feb 2024, 09:21
I thought the new CEO ( what ever her name is), said the things would be different. The whole board and management needs to go and fresh faces ( who understand airlines ) bought in.

Exactly! Until that happens there is no change.

VH is just an AJ puppet along with the board.

It’s gunna take some balls to turn it around.

Unfortunately the majority of the public still buy the QF spin.

AJ before the senate committee might just be the difference, however I think the chances of that are about the same as being able to ice skate across a frozen Sydney Harbour from the opera house to Manly!

aussieflyboy
18th Feb 2024, 10:19
Did I miss something here ?

All the DRW work, all the CNS work, all the BNE work. Do you really think an A220 would be flying MEL-LST or CBR-SYD long term? How often do you do a flight (assuming your 737) with less then 140 pax?

nomess
18th Feb 2024, 11:00
Virgin has become quite comfortable using its Perth -700s across many east coast routes, so QF will be no different.

A220 would do triangle off peak no doubt.

One would expect OOL, CNS, ADL, TSV will all be popular spots for the thing. The question is how far can they push the A220 around the network. Wouldn’t surprise me if 2xA220 flights are cheaper vs one mainline flight. Thats the subsidiary playbook in action.

Deano969
18th Feb 2024, 15:18

Well done Qantas Management for significantly reducing the cost base of the already profitable QF domestic.

An overall reduction of Australian Pilot terms and conditions. More QantasLINK Jet aircraft then Qantas.

I was actually referring to 717s flying for Cobham

LostontheLOC
18th Feb 2024, 19:22
The “new” A319 that network has might be scrapped shortly, they have figured out it’s clapped out and a complete piece of ****.

it’s not going anywhere but the junk yard.

unobtanium
18th Feb 2024, 20:56
Why would qantas use a321xlr's on short haul routes syd mel etc would be such a waste they would be ideally used for such as adl sin logically but what do we know

dr dre
18th Feb 2024, 21:07

23 current B738s to be fitted with the new winglets - these would be the ones that would fly into next decade, so all up the mainline narrowbody numbers could be 55+23 = 78 around 2030. As the XLR would be doing more back of the clock ops then you would need more pilots per airframe than just pure domestic ops.

Wait and see what is ordered but potentially this could mean a jump in mainline SH crew numbers. They aren’t recruiting 200 pilots per year for nothing.

VHOED191006
18th Feb 2024, 21:24
There was a rumour on another forum a few weeks ago about an announcement to bring the order count of A220s to 99. Might be complete rubbish though.

framer
19th Feb 2024, 02:55
What AOC’s make sense for the A-220’s?
What AOC’s make sense for the XLR’s?
It seem strange to me that Qantas have opted for no in seat entertainment on 220’s but they have quite long legs, are they planning on skinny east coast routes?
Also, I can’t imagine it being worth while for some SH pilots to be 220 rated and some Airbus rated so I imagine no 220’s for mainline, yes?

IAW
19th Feb 2024, 03:16
What AOC’s make sense for the A-220’s?
What AOC’s make sense for the XLR’s?
It seem strange to me that Qantas have opted for no in seat entertainment on 220’s but they have quite long legs, are they planning on skinny east coast routes?
Also, I can’t imagine it being worth while for some SH pilots to be 220 rated and some Airbus rated so I imagine no 220’s for mainline, yes?

The world is moving on to inflight wifi and BYO devices.

There are battery powered portable wifi media servers shoved into overhead lockers - airlines don't even need to add systems that are powered by the aircraft these days.

Saves weight and saves maintenance costs on TVs/controls. All travellers carry a phone, and seasoned travellers carry a tablet or laptop.

Australopithecus
19th Feb 2024, 04:30
It may be helpful to realise that Qantas always acts in bad faith. They act in bad faith with their customers in a variety of ways. They act in bad faith with their loyalty members in a variety of ways. They continue to act in bad faith with their former ground staff, their current cabin crew contractors and the various pilot groups. They allowed Joyce to profit by insider trading to the detriment of the shareholders.They threatened redundancy during covid to get pilots to surrender vacation entitlements. They. bargain in bad faith (mandatory pay freeze, anyone?) yet accuse others of being intractable . They use cheap industrial wedge tactics to lower their cost base, then increase executive compensation with the savings.

Qantas will always do what is best for the executives. Period.

On crewing the A220: It would be completely in character for Qantas to threaten redundancy to a pilot with two years service but “offering” instead a five year contract on the 220. Using a QF seniority number as a handcuff is exactly the kind of cynical ploy I have come to expect from them. Any resulting ill will would be someone else’s problem.

Lapon
19th Feb 2024, 06:44
How about the Qantas group announce another 35 XLRs, and SH will be presented with various SI's to secure the aircraft (on top of the existing variations)?

Is SH in negotiations currently/shortly?
Seems rather coincidental the timing of that if so.

Thumb War
19th Feb 2024, 07:04

I believe they are. Sadly you might be on the money

ShandywithSugar
19th Feb 2024, 07:24
When you're checking out your work agreements, make sure you're up to speed on any changes made during the Winton mid EA update. Pretty soon, I'd expect to bring in the A220 in Mainline and Network will focus only on Charter , not rpt.

Consultants will recommend that the company handle ground services themselves instead of using SwissPort,they'll also mentioned the business has too many managers and systems doing the same thing, and there's a ton of job applications coming in, mostly for one department while others aren't doing so hot (NJS Network).

Just a heads up on the financial side: the latest yearly results showed the JQ operation making $404 million, while the QF Domestic arm (including Links) pulled in a whopping $1.27 billion. The smaller planes like Cheap Ejets, Mining, and Dash 8s aren't making nearly as much as the 75 B737s. Keep an eye out for similar numbers in the results coming out this Thursday.

Strategic Imperatives might be Mascots Magic Place but that place is definitely , fictitious now.

Lapon
19th Feb 2024, 08:08
The smaller planes like Cheap Ejets, Mining, and Dash 8s aren't making nearly as much as the 75 B737s. Keep an eye out for similar numbers in the results coming out this Thursday.

Is this actually published anywhere or is it just old mate on the flight deck next to you spouting bull excrement?

Genuine question it is, I've had the odd cursory look at Qantas results and never noticed a break down as detailed as fleet types, yet every airline I've worked for has had unsubstantiated claims about how much one fleet makes over another or what the lease rates are for xyz etc.

pinkpanther1
19th Feb 2024, 08:40
Is this actually published anywhere or is it just old mate on the flight deck next to you spouting bull excrement?

Genuine question it is, I've had the odd cursory look at Qantas results and never noticed a break down as detailed as fleet types, yet every airline I've worked for has had unsubstantiated claims about how much one fleet makes over another or what the lease rates are for xyz etc.

And in addition to that, how are we measuring fleet profitability? As a total revenue for the fleet? Or on a per aircraft basis?
75 737s are always going to earn more than 30 e190s or a handful of 717s.

ShandywithSugar
19th Feb 2024, 09:56
Lapon pinkpanther1 No the reports do not seperate.The ratio per aircraft for the JQ fleet is approximately $4.9 million / aircraft (81) and for the QF fleet is approximately $6.8 million / aircraft (185). Very simplistic overview indeed a plethora of variables not included as , they're not available!. Anyway we digress.

unobtanium
19th Feb 2024, 10:41
consultants have already started interviews/groupie sessions asking guys on the floor how to improve OTP They dont even how to do there own jobs!

almostthere!
19th Feb 2024, 11:26
And from a SH pilot you can tell them to get stuffed!

pig dog
19th Feb 2024, 18:53
On crewing the A220: It would be completely in character for Qantas to threaten redundancy to a pilot with two years service but “offering” instead a five year contract on the 220. Using a QF seniority number as a handcuff is exactly the kind of cynical ploy I have come to expect from them. Any resulting ill will would be someone else’s problem.

Spot on. Why is it that QF is employing SO’s in record numbers right now? 350’s and 787’s don’t turn up for 2 years, no huge retirement numbers thanks to Covid VR’s. Why are so many SO’s required unless there is another purpose for them? I don’t think that it’s a coincidence that the current cohort of new hires has incredible experience, plenty of ex jet captains and check captains amongst them. Good qualifications to have if you want to force them into manning the A220 operation.

OneDotLow
19th Feb 2024, 18:58
consultants have already started interviews/groupie sessions asking guys on the floor how to improve OTP They dont even how to do their own jobs!

If someone gets the call up for an interview/group session, don’t forget to tell them that our work has been outsourced so much that people just no longer give a flying f()ck if the jets go out on time.

Zero f()cks left to give…

framer
19th Feb 2024, 20:14
don’t forget to tell them that our work has been outsourced so much that people just no longer give a flying f()ck if the jets go out on time.
This is an important point for QF to understand. I have very little hope that the decision makers will ever understand it though because there is nobody amongst them that has done it. No pilots or Engineers are included at the decision making level. As such they employ McKinsey to fix the problem…..no pilots or Engineers involved there either….crazy.
An important thing for QF to understand is that pilots and Engineers used to see it as a mark of pride to depart on time. They developed habits and practices over many years to mitigate possible delay factors, they would have their fuel order sorted on the previous sector so that they could file the order quick smart once a final weather check was done, they would be ahead of flight planning regarding changes to the TAF or curfew issues, they would be liaising actively with the CSM about calling boarding at specific times to absorb potential bottlenecks, they’d ensure all parties were across fail to boards as soon as possible to avoid delays waiting for bags to be offloaded, complex MEL’s ( although previously rare) would be read an understood in advance to allow normal departure times, plus another 100 nuanced actions that presented themselves in a normal day. They did all this even when being threatened with outsourcing etc.
Then slowly, it has dawned on most pilots that even with all of this non stop mental activity and resultant action, the system has decayed to such an extent that the aircraft are going to run late regardless due to a lack of investment and insight into what he activity ( airline ops) actually is. The managers making these mistakes are still treating them in the same old fashion, and the feeling of pride from departing safely on time is a mugs game.
I have noticed that I have subconsciously drawn back one step. I now get my sense of pride from operating as close to SOP’s as I reasonably can while providing the best customer and crew interaction/ leadership that I can in the circumstances. There are opportunities every single day now to take the edge off customer and crew frustrations through thoughtful PA’s , discussions and briefing sessions, I can’t take much of the frustration away, but I can at least provide one stable, calm and reliable element in amongst what is really an embarrassing industry to be part of.
So what does this mean for OTP? If other pilots have reacted anything like me, then OTP has slipped from being tucked tightly in behind safety, to a metric that is out of my control and ‘will be what it will be’ to a large extent.
So, congratulations managers, you had an incredible resource which made you millions and millions each year and that resource was ‘ constant striving for OTP by thousands of high quality and experienced human brains’. Those high quality and experienced brains are still there, but they aren’t working on your project anymore, they’ve switched their attention to simply ensuring the bare minimums of aviation safety are met.

Window heat
19th Feb 2024, 22:04
This is an important point for QF to understand. I have very little hope that the decision makers will ever understand it though because there is nobody amongst them that has done it. No pilots or Engineers are included at the decision making level. As such they employ McKinsey to fix the problem…..no pilots or Engineers involved there either….crazy.
An important thing for QF to understand is that pilots and Engineers used to see it as a mark of pride to depart on time. They developed habits and practices over many years to mitigate possible delay factors, they would have their fuel order sorted on the previous sector so that they could file the order quick smart once a final weather check was done, they would be ahead of flight planning regarding changes to the TAF or curfew issues, they would be liaising actively with the CSM about calling boarding at specific times to absorb potential bottlenecks, they’d ensure all parties were across fail to boards as soon as possible to avoid delays waiting for bags to be offloaded, complex MEL’s ( although previously rare) would be read an understood in advance to allow normal departure times, plus another 100 nuanced actions that presented themselves in a normal day. They did all this even when being threatened with outsourcing etc.
Then slowly, it has dawned on most pilots that even with all of this non stop mental activity and resultant action, the system has decayed to such an extent that the aircraft are going to run late regardless due to a lack of investment and insight into what he activity ( airline ops) actually is. The managers making these mistakes are still treating them in the same old fashion, and the feeling of pride from departing safely on time is a mugs game.
I have noticed that I have subconsciously drawn back one step. I now get my sense of pride from operating as close to SOP’s as I reasonably can while providing the best customer and crew interaction/ leadership that I can in the circumstances. There are opportunities every single day now to take the edge off customer and crew frustrations through thoughtful PA’s , discussions and briefing sessions, I can’t take much of the frustration away, but I can at least provide one stable, calm and reliable element in amongst what is really an embarrassing industry to be part of.
So what does this mean for OTP? If other pilots have reacted anything like me, then OTP has slipped from being tucked tightly in behind safety, to a metric that is out of my control and ‘will be what it will be’ to a large extent.
So, congratulations managers, you had an incredible resource which made you millions and millions each year and that resource was ‘ constant striving for OTP by thousands of high quality and experienced human brains’. Those high quality and experienced brains are still there, but they aren’t working on your project anymore, they’ve switched their attention to simply ensuring the bare minimums of aviation safety are met.

Very well said Framer. I was on the way home the other day and spoke to a bloke who is a management consultant. We got to discussing the McKinsey hire, his position was pretty much what I have read about them. He said they tend to lean towards outcomes that are not healthy for the staff but look after the management. He said that while he knows a number of their staff (nice people) he said that the company ethos is the problem.

Australopithecus
19th Feb 2024, 22:11
On time performance? Qantas reschedules late flights right up to departure time. I am told that they do this to game the punctuality statistics. A problem that can’t be quantified isn’t a problem at all. See also: bad faith.

CaptainInsaneO
19th Feb 2024, 22:43
"Just a heads up on the financial side: the latest yearly results showed the JQ operation making $404 million, while the QF Domestic arm (including Links) pulled in a whopping $1.27 billion. The smaller planes like Cheap Ejets, Mining, and Dash 8s aren't making nearly as much as the 75 B737s. Keep an eye out for similar numbers in the results coming out this Thursday."

Ha! You must be the first person to actually know the profitability breakdown of the Links. Or not.

ampclamp
19th Feb 2024, 23:37
They have done the re-sched thing for many years.

dejapoo
20th Feb 2024, 02:48
Big mouths won't get called up for focus groups. You all know that!

Fence sitting, polite, semi rose-coloured glassed colleagues will get the call-up.

You can't handle the truth, it hurts ey

Transition Layer
20th Feb 2024, 03:38
The “new” A319 that network has might be scrapped shortly, they have figured out it’s clapped out and a complete piece of ****.

Another day, another ground return for the 319 :p

blubak
20th Feb 2024, 06:04
Another day, another ground return for the 319 :p
So, where did they find this prime example of modern technology.
Obviously was so good that any other prospective buyers by passed it as too good for them.
The ex spirit gems they have found should also prove to be a great acquisition.
Did they come with spares or deemed as surplus to requirements🫣

Slippery_Pete
21st Feb 2024, 01:24
How about the Qantas group announce another 35 XLRs, and SH will be presented with various SI's to secure the aircraft (on top of the existing variations)?

Frankly, the shorthaul pilots I speak to couldn’t give a flying, well, you know. If the strategy is to hold the 35 new jets like a knife to their throat, they couldn’t care less. It’s the same old bully tactics - but Australian pilots aren’t playing by their rules any more.

Look at all the major airlines around the world - they know there’s a decades long pilot shortage coming. They are desperately insourcing subsidiaries (rather than outsourcing), and competing to keep their staff happy. They know that if you don’t attract people to stay, you’re going to be stuffed in the long run.

QF are still the only ones playing the same old divide and conquer, outsource and threaten games. They don’t seem to know any other way. All this talk about getting better, but still playing the same old game plan.

Window heat
21st Feb 2024, 19:57
I’m looking forward to the coming 18 months of EA negotiations. Like many people, we worked during COVID to ramp up two business ventures, I no longer need Qantas to pay my bills. Many Australians, aircrew in particular, learned that they can do other things to make a living. Put the gun to my head, pull the trigger, I don’t give a f@#$. I’ll smile and move on with life, minus the constant jet lag.

Centre of Pressure
21st Feb 2024, 21:04
8 additional A321XLRs. Better than 0 i guess.

regitaekilthgiwt
21st Feb 2024, 21:05

Only off by 27.

More share buybacks. The mind boggles

ampclamp
21st Feb 2024, 21:12
More share buybacks. The mind boggles

Imo, buy backs are for companies that have nothing better to do with their money like re-investing in the business, new fleet, training, spares, extra staff etc.

MikeHatter732
21st Feb 2024, 21:16
Share buybacks.... Does Boeing McDonnell Douglas ring a bell??? That turned out real well!! :}

MikeHatter732
21st Feb 2024, 21:37
The rest will come when the 'strategic imperatives' are met in the next EA.... :O

Ollie Onion
21st Feb 2024, 22:01
I’m looking forward to the coming 18 months of EA negotiations. Like many people, we worked during COVID to ramp up two business ventures, I no longer need Qantas to pay my bills. Many Australians, aircrew in particular, learned that they can do other things to make a living. Good the gun to my head, pull the trigger, I don’t give a f@#$. I’ll smile and move on with life, minus the constant jet lag.

My thoughts exactly, every negotiation they have said ‘if you persist we may just shut you down’, this time around the majority of pilots will just say ‘go ahead’.

VHOED191006
21st Feb 2024, 22:03
I do wonder where 35 came from?

SandyPalms
21st Feb 2024, 22:27

Most likely the currently planned total.

Boomerang
21st Feb 2024, 22:29
They gave each person in management a different number to see where the leak was 😁

ROH111
21st Feb 2024, 23:30

directly from Doug Alley

ROH111
21st Feb 2024, 23:45
Striking workforce at Network are being rewarded with more jets…

dr dre
21st Feb 2024, 23:54
75 738s to go over 10 years so an order of 8 XLRs to replace a year’s worth of 738 retirement makes sense, if they’re just ordering a years worth of replacements at a time.

neville_nobody
22nd Feb 2024, 02:50
Striking workforce at Network are being rewarded with more jets…

Flown by whom?

aussieflyboy
22nd Feb 2024, 02:55
75 738s to go over 10 years so an order of 8 XLRs to replace a year’s worth of 738 retirement makes sense, if they’re just ordering a years worth of replacements at a time.

So no actual increase of aircraft to Mainline but significant increases to both NAA and NJS…

unobtanium
22nd Feb 2024, 03:17
So no actual increase of aircraft to Mainline but significant increases to both NAA and NJS…

alliance jungle jet's quietly hoovering up all the rest just look at adelaide almost no more mainline flying once network takes over per adl route

ExtraShot
22nd Feb 2024, 03:54

No one would be particularly disappointed, (beyond the usual disheartening sinking feeling of the last 15 years that we’ve all become used to watching Mainline shrink away), had statements along the lines of “we think you pilots will be very happy”, and the talking up of potentially ‘big’ order numbers supposedly directly from upper flight ops, not been made.

It wasn’t just some run of the mill pilot rumor that there’d be a large order inbound. It had reportedly been stated with a considerable confidence only a week or so ago.

dr dre
22nd Feb 2024, 04:29

XLR to be operated on more back of the clock routes so proportionally will require more crew per airframe.

Despite predictions of a doomed future at mainline the hiring of new recruits and promotions/conversions still running at full speed.

markis10
22nd Feb 2024, 06:20

Todays news suggests it’s expanding! Four additional mid-life A319s have been purchased for Network Aviation and will be based in WA to help meet demand from the resources sector. These additional aircraft are expected to arrive progressively during calendar 2024, taking this fleet to nine.

Swept-Wing
22nd Feb 2024, 06:24

I do applaud your optimism, Dre.

aussieflyboy
22nd Feb 2024, 07:22

Much like the optimism shown by the Executive Traveller team:

”And with a total of 29 Airbus A220s on order, there’s the possibility that a large number of these jets will be flown by Qantas (rather than QantasLink) on short-range overseas route and in a second configuration”

Ladloy
22nd Feb 2024, 07:22
especially on the back of delivery delays. They need airframes now

dr dre
22nd Feb 2024, 08:34

Optimism based on observations. Recruitment showing no signs of letting up and promotion/conversion training courses at record levels. They’re sending pilots to the four corners of the earth to be trained.

If there is some secret conspiracy to wind down mainline it’s isn’t apparent in those numbers.

soseg
23rd Feb 2024, 04:55
Maybe you’re right, Dre. But nothing to be too happy about when their end game is still dissolve short haul between the subsids and turn QF into a long haul and medium haul airline only.

Those subsids don’t need more jets. How much more has network and NJS grown in the last five years, and planned to grow looking forward for the next five?

Much more than us.

Didn’t even put Alliance into that equation.

aussieflyboy
23rd Feb 2024, 10:15
Optimism based on observations. Recruitment showing no signs of letting up and promotion/conversion training courses at record levels. They’re sending pilots to the four corners of the earth to be trained.

If there is some secret conspiracy to wind down mainline it’s isn’t apparent in those numbers.

They’re not winding it down, they’re simply not expanding it at the rate that it would naturally expand if there were no cheaper options.

The new toy is flying MEL-BNE returns on its first day, a route that NJS has never done, 717s have been flying MEL-SYD all week…

morno
23rd Feb 2024, 10:51
They’re not winding it down, they’re simply not expanding it at the rate that it would naturally expand if there were no cheaper options.

The new toy is flying MEL-BNE returns on its first day, a route that NJS has never done, 717s have been flying MEL-SYD all week…

The new toy is doing MEL-BNE to parade it around and say “look, we bought a new aeroplane!”. I have no doubt when the XLR’s arrive they’ll be paraded around too.

aussieflyboy
23rd Feb 2024, 19:48
The new toy is doing MEL-BNE to parade it around and say “look, we bought a new aeroplane!”. I have no doubt when the XLR’s arrive they’ll be paraded around too.

No, it’s flying MEL - BNE because at those particular times the load suits a 140 seat aircraft rather than a 170 seat one. It’s been flying around showing off for 2 months now. Like it or not a subsidiary is now flying MEL-SYD and MEL-BNE as regular routes (to be fair to the Pilots it not their fault, from what I’ve heard they’d rather be doing ASP-DRW and CNS-AYQ).

MikeHatter732
23rd Feb 2024, 20:11
No, it’s flying MEL - BNE because at those particular times the load suits a 140 seat aircraft rather than a 170 seat one. It’s been flying around showing off for 2 months now. Like it or not a subsidiary is now flying MEL-SYD and MEL-BNE as regular routes (to be fair to the Pilots it not their fault, from what I’ve heard they rather be doing ASP-DRW and CNS-AYQ).
Yeah, looks like it's loaded in as a regular flier for the foreseeable future on the routes in the booking system, so don't think it's a case of just grandstanding a new plane.

In saying that, looks the B737 will take on all the Hobart stuff fairly soon, so its probably much of a muchness.

Give it the herbs
23rd Feb 2024, 22:51
Nothing like swapping a MEL-BNE for a MEL-HBA to improve your density! :}

Stationair8
24th Feb 2024, 00:27
Nothing like an overnight in Slobart, talking to the local ladies!

Big Silver Spoon
24th Feb 2024, 00:46
Nothing like an overnight in Slobart, talking to the local ladies!

A guaranteed threesome with every encounter.

dejapoo
24th Feb 2024, 01:18
No, it’s flying MEL - BNE because at those particular times the load suits a 140 seat aircraft rather than a 170 seat one. It’s been flying around showing off for 2 months now. Like it or not a subsidiary is now flying MEL-SYD and MEL-BNE as regular routes (to be fair to the Pilots it not their fault, from what I’ve heard they’d rather be doing ASP-DRW and CNS-AYQ).

It's a 737-400... remember them? I think they sat 140..

Transition Layer
24th Feb 2024, 04:54
It's a 737-400... remember them? I think they sat 140..

Correct.

Operated by Mainline under the SH contract and we got paid the same whether we were strapped to a 140 seat jet or 170 seat jet.

If it’s OK for Mainline to operate the A321 at the same rate as the 737, then it’s equally OK for Mainline to fly the A220 at 737 rates.

Bring it in house Vanessa…if you’re serious about healing some wounds, that will go a long way!

aussieflyboy
24th Feb 2024, 05:12
Correct.

Operated by Mainline under the SH contract and we got paid the same whether we were strapped to a 140 seat jet or 170 seat jet.

If it’s OK for Mainline to operate the A321 at the same rate as the 737, then it’s equally OK for Mainline to fly the A220 at 737 rates.

Bring it in house Vanessa…if you’re serious about healing some wounds, that will go a long way!

That ship has sailed.

The best you could hope for is a significant improvement to NJS’s agreement. Maybe then you’ll be willing/able to apply for a secondment and fly the 220 at the bottom of their seniority list.

A320 Flyer
24th Feb 2024, 05:28
That ship has sailed.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that

ShandywithSugar
24th Feb 2024, 06:33
A320 Flyer pour me a large Shandy and I'll need a lay down in the cott if this is true :ooh:

A320 Flyer
24th Feb 2024, 07:03
A320 Flyer pour me a large Shandy and I'll need a lay down in the cott if this is true :ooh:

pass me your glass…..

ShandywithSugar
24th Feb 2024, 08:00
A320Flyer unbelievable. When will we read about it in your other spread? Then I'll pop the bubbles.

Thumb War
24th Feb 2024, 08:12
A320Flyer unbelievable. When will we read about it in your other spread? Then I'll pop the bubbles.

Gotta agree with this sentiment. I’m very skeptical but I’d love to be wrong. When do you say we should expect to hear something?

maggot
24th Feb 2024, 22:58
Smells like an EA distraction

ShandywithSugar
24th Feb 2024, 23:06
Smells like an EA distraction

Strategic Imperative :=