PDA

View Full Version : Avooma

BHD2BFS
15th Feb 2024, 22:43
Anyone know anything about this new start up?
is this UK based?

https://www.flyavooma.com/

Sotonsean
15th Feb 2024, 22:50
Anyone know anything about this new start up?
is this UK based?

https://www.flyavooma.com/

This comes as no surprise but according to their LinkedIn page it has one employee who lives in Blackpool.

I think a lot can be gained from the fact that there is only one employee. Probably the schoolboy fantastis who set it up.

davidjohnson6
15th Feb 2024, 22:52
Sotonsean - don't be so harsh. Those who try, act in good faith, but fail are still worthy of respect. Those who never try - not so much
BHD2BFS - the founder of Avooma visits this website from time to time. Perhaps wait a few days and you may get a response

Sotonsean
15th Feb 2024, 23:27
Sotonsean - don't be so harsh. Those who try, act in good faith, but fail are still worthy of respect. Those who never try - not so much
BHD2BFS - the founder of Avooma visits this website from time to time. Perhaps wait a few days and you may get a response

Why on earth would a business with just one employee set up a company LinkedIn account along with everything else 🤔

It would be far more professional of that person to go ahead once their are others onboard. A proper company rather than just the one person employed or being involved, it's fantasy. Set up companies don't usually behave like that.

"Those who try, act in good faith"

Think of the many cons, embezzlements, money laundering, prison sentences, etc involving in start-up airlines over the decades.

Not suggesting the individual behind this "project" is involved in any of the above but, "Those who try, don't always act in good faith ".

jmdavies86
15th Feb 2024, 23:59
is this UK based?

Hi BHD2BFS, yes, it's a UK-based business.

This comes as no surprise but according to their LinkedIn page it has one employee who lives in Blackpool.

I think a lot can be gained from the fact that there is only one employee. Probably the schoolboy fantastis who set it up.

Everything starts off with 'one' of something @Sotonsean (https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox/id/member.php?u=500916) - and you're the 'one' who's started off with the usual negative and pessimistic jibes/remarks that this forum is often renowned for...!

Also, I don't live in Blackpool; the business is currently based up there though.

Thanks davidjohnson6, let'em have their 'fun' - they'll get bored eventually and move on soon enough. Spreading hate on the Internet doesn’t make you strong, it makes you weak.

runway30
16th Feb 2024, 01:27

Everything starts off with 'one' of something @Sotonsean (https://outlook.office.com/mail/inbox/id/member.php?u=500916) - and you're the 'one' who's started off with the usual negative and pessimistic jibes/remarks that this forum is often renowned for...!

Also, I don't live in Blackpool; the business is currently based up there though.

Thanks davidjohnson6, let'em have their 'fun' - they'll get bored eventually and move on soon enough. Spreading hate on the Internet doesn’t make you strong, it makes you weak.

Jon

Clearly you have some academic knowledge behind you but not experience. You therefore don’t deserve the scathing derision and unfortunate suggestion of your motives that you have received.

However you have had several years of promoting your idea and if you would find some advice helpful, go away and quietly write a business plan, get some funding behind you and save setting up websites and social media until you have something to promote.

R30

RW20
16th Feb 2024, 04:47

Lets face it that is what Sotonsean is renowned for!

Expressflight
16th Feb 2024, 07:03
Avooma was previously Lakeland Airways.

Alteagod
16th Feb 2024, 07:22
The greatest journey begins with just one step

MidlandsWanderer
16th Feb 2024, 10:36
Probably better to start with a coherent, believeable business plan before getting involved with the "fluffy" side of things. See Global Airlines as a reference point.

southamptonavgeek
16th Feb 2024, 12:03
Probably better to start with a coherent, believeable business plan before getting involved with the "fluffy" side of things. See Global Airlines as a reference point.
The fact that they haven't published it doesn't mean one doesn't exist surely

jmdavies86
18th Feb 2024, 11:25
However you have had several years of promoting your idea...

I've not really been promoting my idea that much, have I...?!

Sure, I've done a couple of interviews with a local newspaper up in Cumbria as Lakeland Airways, and I post a bit on LinkedIn, but it's not as though I'm making huge/outlandish promises and actively promoting something that I know I can't/won't necessarily be able to deliver or keep. And, the reason it's taken several years so far is because the idea/plan(s) have changed/evolved considerably from when I first started it and I've faced numerous challenges along the way. I'm certainly under no illusion that what I'm trying to achieve is in anyway easy.

“Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes.” – Oscar Wilde.

I do greatly appreciate your advice though - I've sent you PM by the way (in case you hadn't seen?) - it'd be good to know the person behind the username and perhaps talk some more outside of this forum?