PDA

View Full Version : MEL PA42 Piper Cheyenne IIIA

FlyingM
13th Feb 2024, 10:41
Hi, I am looking for an MEL for our Piper Cheyenne IIIA because we want to release a new issue. Because we don't have any (O) and (M) Procedures described and Piper does not offer those to their customers (as i.e. Cessna does), I would highly appreciate if anybody could help me out here.
Thank you in andvance.
Markus
[email protected]

wrench1
13th Feb 2024, 19:44
I am looking for an MEL for our Piper Cheyenne IIIA because we want to release a new issue.
Here's a link to the FAA Master MEL for a PA-42.
FAA MMEL PA-42 (https://drs.faa.gov/browse/excelExternalWindow/EA9D2CF95F3694D68625752400624EC7.0001)

FlyingM
16th Feb 2024, 11:30
Thank You, but the FAA MMEL does not contain the procedures. But thank you anyway.
FlyingM

wrench1
19th Feb 2024, 22:47
Thank You, but the FAA MMEL does not contain the procedures. But thank you anyway. FlyingM
Most operators of aircraft below jets create the O & M procedures to suit their specific operation. The MMEL simply gives the requirements of what those procedures must meet. I believe Cessna only provides those procedures for jets and not other aircraft similar to your PA42. But simply copying someone else's MEL may work but it could create un-necessary issues for your ops. At least that is my experience in the US with Part 135 operators and creating the M side of the procedures. Good luck.