PDA

View Full Version : Bristow UK strike

olster
12th Feb 2024, 23:39
I am surprised that in this esteemed forum the subject of the voted for by pilots for industrial action @ Bristow’s UK has not been discussed…

Northernstar
13th Feb 2024, 07:35
A brief mention by me here:

https://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/652998-bristow-wins-irish-sar-6.html?ispreloading=1#post11592458

Everyone watching from the sidelines on this one. But the percentage of votes cast and result are surprisingly high. Many a year past the old Bristow HP boys and girls tended to be vocal enough but when it came to the crunch cut them open and it would be blue red and white inside. Especially true in Aberdeen. Maybe just the years of poachers turned gamekeepers who have lined their own pockets and promotions while screwing former colleagues has finally come home to roost. The company overall is not exactly in a great financial position either but the Houston mafia continue to reward themselves and push ever harder on the workforce’s rights and remuneration packages.
Some of the overly can-do ex U.K. mil in UKSAR have not helped their cause in the past either but seem to have finally stopped drinking the kool-ade.

HeliMannUK
13th Feb 2024, 13:59
Good luck to them as they will set the tone for the year for a lot of big operator's including the fixed wing world UK.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​

P3 Bellows
6th May 2024, 17:12
I hear that Bristows are to go on strike this week. Can anyone confirm?

P3

jeepys
6th May 2024, 17:29
I hear that Bristows are to go on strike this week. Can anyone confirm?

P3

Yep, tomorrow and Wednesday, unless there is a last minute reprieve.
Can someone tell me when this last happened in O&G and SAR, if ever?