PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT use AG Immigration for EB-2 NIW Visas in the United States

airbornebaby
10th Feb 2024, 20:11
Fellow Pilots,

This is a heads up for anyone considering to use an immigration law firm to apply for an EB-2 NIW visa in the US, NOT to use AG Immigration. I'm an airline pilot and made the mistake of choosing them, leading to more than 8 months of hell. Their founder and top attorney, along with their best lawyers and many other employees, left the firm as it is very shady. I lost my entire team working on my file, including my assigned lawyer. I was never notified of this and left in the dark for months. I only found out after calling them. Their web site and sales pitch state that they are experts in immigration and located across the United States. This is not true. Most of their staff are in Brazil. They use inexperienced people with limited English to complete key government forms. Even after multiple attempts and corrections they were filled with outrageous mistakes. They were so careless they even pasted the bullet points from my resume into the forms, freezing them. They are not following USCIS guidelines to complete them. It's so bad it's almost a guaranteed refusal. If anyone is stuck with this firm, read-up carefully the instructions for forms such as the I-140 and ETA-9089 and then verify them carefully before signing. Safer yet, get your money back! Word is from someone who works there they're facing going out of business. Employees and clients are leaving, including me without filing. I've been told for nearly a month that I will be refunded, it's been nothing but lies. Communications is practically non-existent. A rare time they reached out to me was in Portuguese from someone in South America. I doubt I'll see my $15,000 USD again. If I can save others from this same fate, that would have been a good thing.

As for the EB-2 NIW, after this experience, I'd recommend to anyone interested in it to research doing it yourself. There are some great resources on YouTube on how to self-file. If you pick a firm, please research them carefully. I've never been scammed before, this is a terrible experience. Ultimately, it's my fault for having picked this fraudulent firm. Please be careful with these cash grabs. Happy flying!

tume
10th Feb 2024, 20:54
I feel bad for you. Had a similar experience with another firm but only for the RFE response.. it was a joke: no lawyer ever worked on my case (nor did I ever talk to one), just paralegals/interns. No one had any knowledge in aviation, including the Professor of the “expert opinion letter”, even though they advertised differently. They were the most amateur outfit and sent my package the very last day of the deadline robbing me the opportunity to review anything. At least they admitted it was basically a scam and offered a partial refund and refunded the expert opinion letter fee. Oh well, there went my case but I’ve filed an appeal myself, mentioning these facts.

airbornebaby
10th Feb 2024, 21:17
Tume,

That's terrible! I'm sorry that happened to you. People need to share these experiences and report these fraudulent companies. It's shocking how dishonest and unethical AG Immigration is. They're scamming people. I'm usually very careful, I had done some research, I thought I had picked a professional firm, wow was I wrong. The sales pitch was very good, it was downhill from there in a bad way. It's a warning to others not to give these large amounts of money up front to these companies. Best do it yourself in my book. It can be intimidating at first, but with the right online resources, it can be done. Best of luck with your appeal tume!!! I hope it's approved. Thanks for sharing your difficult experience!

Skipper21
14th Feb 2024, 13:36
I am really sorry to hear these stories, as I could have been in the same situation. This is in no way an ad, but I was lucky that at the beginning of my NIW process, I chose Harvey Law Group. They were extremely picky at times, driving me crazy with little details, but I always had a feeling that they really check everything. It worked out for me, I had NIW approved.