PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar - pleasant experiences!

Recidivist
9th Feb 2024, 10:19
00000000We have maintained a strict "no Jetstar" policy for probably 5 years or more. Everyone will be familiar with the reasons for this. However, something came up recently where JQ were the apparent sensible choice. Nothing was imperative, so if the flight was cancelled we could adapt, so we committed.

Well, we flew from Coolangatta - first time at this airport. A little confusion with the checkin Darleks resulted in a Jetsat lady (and male trainee) asking if we needed some help. "We can't find the option to print baggage tags". "Yes, you have to go back to the start, and now that you have the boarding passes, you scan that and go from there". A minute later, all is sorted - "Thank you".

At the gate, my wife mentions that I use a walking stick and it saves me slowing up boarding if they send us early - "of course. and we have changed your seat allocation so you have the entire row"

On board and it's obvious this is quite a new aeroplane - A321 NEO. Flight was good, jet noise seemed rather quiet compared to the B738s that are ubiquitous in Aus. CC friendly and helpful - when did they start smiling?

A week later, similar experience at ADL going back to Gold Coast - when did this change happaen? The whole experience was pleasant, and this was JETSTAR!!??

Maybe JQ saw an opportunity and pounced, but this was the best treatment we had received from an (Australian) airline in years, and put Qantas and Virgin to the pale.

We may book with them again!

Bring on good old-fashioned customer service I say!

PAXboy
9th Feb 2024, 17:27
Wow. That is unusual. I have not used Jetstar, on my visit to Oz in 2016, friends warned me not to touch them. It is more usual for a company to go downhill. As we all know ...