PDA

View Full Version : HKIAA Cadet Pilot Programme

yep_ok_whatever
8th Feb 2024, 07:32
Let's start this new thread for anyone interested in learning more about this opportunity

HKIAA Cadet Programme (https://www.hkiaacademy.com/en/flight-training-and-engineering/professional-courses/flte1201-cadet-pilot-programme.html)

It costs $800,000

I guess geared at being a proving ground for getting into airlines other than Cathay.

If anyone know any more about this other than what is available on the website, please let us know. Anyone gone through the process and started?

HeroHero
9th Feb 2024, 09:22
Good day,

I am considering the HKIAA cadet pilot program.
Anyone who has enrolled and gone through the selection process and willing to share their experience would be really appreciated!!! Thank you!

yep_ok_whatever
19th Feb 2024, 03:01
Good day,

I am considering the HKIAA cadet pilot program.
Anyone who has enrolled and gone through the selection process and willing to share their experience would be really appreciated!!! Thank you!

FWIW - I'll likely apply, I've seen that others in the CX wannabe posts say that the procedure is a little simpler than CX.

flipthebird
20th Feb 2024, 16:14
800,000 dollars with your own money? That's not worth it lah. With 800,000 dollars you can go train with L3 Airline Aviation, better training facilities, better quality, might even have a chance to apply to be British Airways Cadet Pilot.

HeroHero
21st Feb 2024, 09:13
FWIW - I'll likely apply, I've seen that others in the CX wannabe posts say that the procedure is a little simpler than CX.

Are you a HK citizen? Heard that the selection rounds are held in HK. Wonder if they do online as well as I currently live abroad.

yep_ok_whatever
22nd Feb 2024, 12:41
800,000 dollars with your own money? That's not worth it lah. With 800,000 dollars you can go train with L3 Airline Aviation, better training facilities, better quality, might even have a chance to apply to be British Airways Cadet Pilot.

L3 has on their website that the integrated ATPL course is £102,500. That's $1,013,000, so it's 200k more expensive, plus you don't get the interviews with three carriers.

I see your point though, is L3 where you want to go?

yep_ok_whatever
22nd Feb 2024, 12:42
Are you a HK citizen? Heard that the selection rounds are held in HK. Wonder if they do online as well as I currently live abroad.

Yes PR and in HK, I'm sure the initial rounds will be online but not sure.

cx123456
21st Mar 2024, 13:49
The details about this programs's interview are really little compare to CX program. Is the procession similar to CX ones? cut-e,then group intervew , thats all? Any interview with pilot?

yep_ok_whatever
22nd Mar 2024, 01:19
The details about this programs's interview are really little compare to CX program. Is the procession similar to CX ones? cut-e,then group intervew , thats all? Any interview with pilot?

Yeah just like other airlines there will be psychometric tests and aptitude test.

From what I've heard, it's all group exercises on the final interview, there is no face to face or one on one I don't believe but not sure

cx123456
20th Apr 2024, 07:51
Have you attampted the interview? May you share you share your experience? (like how the group activity would be and what question would be asked)