PDA

View Full Version : PEXO or Aspeq??

beached az
7th Feb 2024, 03:32
Hi All,

Sorry about the rookie question, last time I sat a CASA exam (Prior to Part 61) it was done through a mob call ASL (I think).
I'm trying to line my ducks up to sit the PIRC Exam before shelling out for the FIR-G3 course.

Looking at the CASA site it says:PEXO will let you book or sit an exam if you have...(etc etc)
Then the next paragraph says:

Booking an exam
There are 2 ways to book an exam and pay the fees depending on which exam you want to book.
You can book your exam with:
an approved flying school (for RPL and PPL exams only) - n/a in my case
our exam provider Aspeq. They have authorisation to conduct all flight crew licence exams.

My question is which is it, do you book exams through PEXO or Aspeq??
Sorry if this has been done before.

BAz :ok:

Who22
7th Feb 2024, 08:03
Should be Aspeq. Won’t let me post a link but if you google ‘Aspeq’ you’ll be able to look up the exams on offer at each location, with available dates.

Clare Prop
7th Feb 2024, 09:34
PEXO (Pilot Examination Office) is the software that checks eligibility, pre-requisites and generates the questions.
Aspeq is the provider that delivers the exams.
So you book through the PEXO system to do the exam at an Aspeq exam centre. I hope that makes sense!

beached az
7th Feb 2024, 09:49
PEXO (Pilot Examination Office) is the software that checks eligibility, pore-requisites and generates the questions.
Aspeq is the provider that delivers the exams.
So you book through the PEXO system to do the exam at an Aspeq exam centre. I hope that makes sense!

Thank you Clare, it does now :)

Cloudee
7th Feb 2024, 09:54
Go to the Aspeq site here https://casa.aspeqexams.com/home ,
register, select exam, venue and time, pay your $106 and you’re done. It really is very easy.

beached az
8th Feb 2024, 02:36
Sorted, Aspeq = ASL who knew :)
Password reset and we're away.
Thanks for the responses.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.....until they change again.
BAz :ok: