PDA

View Full Version : Age Limits for Joing RAF

darkstar_45
3rd Sep 2002, 22:22
Hi Chaps

quick question;

Will the RAF allow me to apply for pilot given the fact I'm nearly 24 (well in March).
I think the maximum age upon starting Cranwell is 23 1/2 but I know they are undermanned so would there be any chance in giving it another go and they might give me some slack?

I went OASC when I was 21 and got knocked back, they said by all means come back again in a year but I didnt as I had some Issues at the time which didnt allow me too do so.

I would appreciate any comments as I really want it now or have I 'missed the boat' ??

Cheers

JNo
4th Sep 2002, 12:30
I'm 24 in April and I'm starting at Cranwell in October. As far as I see you it you have to be under 24 when you start at Cranwell. As for them allowing in older people because of shortages, I very much doubt it.

sprucemoose
4th Sep 2002, 14:57
Sorry guys, but "I'm nearly 31 and a half!" and this conversation sounds sooo grown up! Gosh!

Being serious, there is definitely an upper age limit (24, I think) and I'm well above it. Apparently I'm too old and stupid to learn, so try to get in while you can - otherwise you'll just have to write about it, like me!
:D