PDA

View Full Version : Australia's Substandard Pilot Shirt Options

Bog Down
5th Feb 2024, 04:48
Afternoon All,

Just want some recommendations on where to buy good-fitting and quality pilot shirts.

The Van Heusen ones you buy at Flight Store and the like are made from sub-par material and the fitting is dreadful.

I've heard the shirts from A Cut Above are good but their shipping cost is through the roof. They also have multiple fits and fabrics but not every combination.

Any suggestions?

717tech
5th Feb 2024, 08:26
I bought some from Totally Work Wear about 12-13yrs ago. They were comfortable.

evilducky
5th Feb 2024, 08:37
Just bite the bullet and get the cut above. Great fit, the sweat collar thing works pretty well. Doesn’t look or feel like a you’re wearing a tent.

And hey hopefully you’re earning enough to get a 32.5% rebate from Uncle Jim, makes shipping a little more bareable?

nomess
5th Feb 2024, 08:56
nnt certainly comfortable.

I recall they produced for VA and TT back in the day.

Bog Down
5th Feb 2024, 11:18
Just bite the bullet and get the cut above. Great fit, the sweat collar thing works pretty well. Doesn’t look or feel like a you’re wearing a tent.

And hey hopefully you’re earning enough to get a 32.5% rebate from Uncle Jim, makes shipping a little more bareable?

I've asked around and it seems the 'Troppo' material is the one to get, however they only come in 'Fitted' shape, for a slightly larger bloke (not overly) I'm not sure how it would go.

redsnail
5th Feb 2024, 11:37
I have the Troppo and the Brooks. The Troppo is fine for most of the year in Europe but I think the lighter Brooks will work better during peak Summer...

Ascend Charlie
5th Feb 2024, 19:59
Australia's Substandard Pilot Shirt Options

​​​​​​​Why do you want to advertise that you are a substandard pilot?

eye_in_the_sky
6th Feb 2024, 01:37
I've always purchased Fairmark shirts where I can. Made in Australia, grabbed some from their factory in Preston, VIC before they moved to WA I believe.
Skylines at Moorabbin stock them. Great quality.

Switchbait
6th Feb 2024, 03:48
Fairmark were the go when I was buying my own.

gassed budgie
6th Feb 2024, 08:49
I've always purchased Fairmark shirts where I can. Made in Australia, grabbed some from their factory in Preston, VIC before they moved to WA I believe.
Skylines at Moorabbin stock them. Great quality.

As above. Still a quality product.

dejapoo
6th Feb 2024, 10:15
Ours are great quality from Bangladesh. They comply with all modern day slavery standards, child labour policies and are great if you're into that chest hair poking through the poor material weave look.
Finished with a 'cloth moth' and you're beating the ladies off.

Clare Prop
7th Feb 2024, 09:37
Work Clobber or Totally Workwear