PDA

View Full Version : Spotting Airside T1 Dublin Airport

A340600MAN
4th Feb 2024, 19:21
Good evening all.

Later this month I will be travelling through Dublin airports Terminal 1 with Ryanair. I'm hoping to arrive a few hours early and take some photos while I'm passing through.

Can anyone please advise me of any spots within Terminal 1 airside where reasonable shots/views can be had and I'm not in the way?

Kind regards

Len

Liffy 1M
5th Feb 2024, 14:06
The main pier ("100 gates") used by Ryanair and some other carriers should allow reasonable opportunities and I doubt anyone would be concerned as long as you are not impeding boarding etc in any way.

kildress
6th Feb 2024, 08:01
Whilst Airside you can walk over to T2 and get some views of wide bodies there.
You might also see wide bodies in T1 at gates 301-307.

SpringHeeledJack
6th Feb 2024, 13:38
Though never having tried spotting within the airport buildings, the Ryanair flights arrive in the northern end of the airport terminal 1, where you could hang about and see a few movements, but as mentioned you can (if clever) walk all the way to the southern pier in T2 and see things from a different perspective. There are one or two piers in-between the two ends. I'd say that as long as you don't whip out a telephoto lens you should be ok to indulge your passion. As an aside, if you have checked baggage from your inbound flight you might not want to leave it too long before collecting it, just in case when it's collected by staff you might have unwanted stress finding it/getting itnback.

A340600MAN
7th Feb 2024, 01:30
Many thanks to all for their comments

Regards

Len

Liffy 1M
7th Feb 2024, 10:47
Whilst Airside you can walk over to T2 and get some views of wide bodies there.
You might also see wide bodies in T1 at gates 301-307.
Yes, but the windows there have a heavy anti-glare flm applied, which makes photography difficult. Remember too that with parallel runway operations, most aircraft from the other terminal and gates will pass the "Ryanair pier" on their way either to or from the north runway.