PDA

View Full Version : Australian aviations new spokesperson

Sonny Hammond
3rd Sep 2002, 21:15
The Sydney airport corp are on the box again this morning glowing about Singairs new domestic airline- a revived AN.

Where does this mob get off reporting this stuff?

Surely if there was real substance SQ would make some sought of press release.

MAJOR COMPETITOR TO QF!!

With 24 Airbus and 3000 staff serving only major centres is this airline really a threat to QF and VB?
Will singair really want to risk so much money to gain such a small market share?

24 airbus v Virgin fleet (is it 30 yet)? v Qantas 54 737/30 odd 767/new A330/new 737-800

I cant see why they want to burn more money after they have already done this in this region?

AMRAAM
4th Sep 2002, 06:32
Sonny

Can't say I know anything about the Singa side of the story (except that I STILL think the conspiricy theory is alive and well)

But I must agree about the way this, and other news seems to come from SAL and its owners MQB ltd.

Yep its all a bit insestious looking from my side of the street.

SAL having problems with a Virgin, who clams to have been raped for some gates. But wait a minute, SAL is just holding them for the SIA backed ANSET Mk 47.

I too wonder how impressed SIA are about having thier NOT yet (if ever) released plans for an Australian start up blerbed to the world by a terminal owner, or is there more not yet known. Maybe SIA, SAL (MQB) are in this together, and its all a part of a bigger conspiricy. Boy I need to ring Tom Clancy, he is always looking for a good plot for a novel, add in a few nukes and crash a 747 into the Parliment building and its got to be a best seller.

By the way has anybody been keeping score on the amount of mentions SIA gets in many airline threads lately, from memory ;
1 Rex has had talks,
2 Virgin has had talks,
3 SAL has had talks.

Any more I have missed.

PS Sonny, how is skippy these days.