PDA

View Full Version : ZK-XYZ

CharlieLimaX-Ray
30th Jan 2024, 05:39
Noticed this on Flightaware on Saturday, C172 ZK-XYZ planned Norfolk Island direct to Cambridge.

Then it showed a diversion into the Gold Coast and onto Archerfield.

I noticed yesterday it went Archerfield direct Alice Springs, and today it has got to Broome.

Seems to have a phenomenal range for a 172, not to mention bladder endurance for the pilot.

Hour building or a ferry flight?

KRviator
30th Jan 2024, 05:56
Noticed this on Flightaware on Saturday, C172 ZK-XYZ planned Norfolk Island direct to Cambridge.That'd just be a typo for CBG/BCG, and probably why it shows a diversion to Cooly.

Squawk7700
30th Jan 2024, 06:04
That'd just be a typo for CBG/BCG, and probably why it shows a diversion to Cooly.

Luckily they realised!! That’s the trouble when you’re not in your native country. It’s like flying in the USA, unless you know all the cities you have no idea how big some of the airports are.

megle2
30th Jan 2024, 07:10
Aussie pilots doing ferry 2 x C172 to India ZK XYZ and ZAQ

777xpilot
31st Jan 2024, 04:21
Both pilots are getting paid 55k each for the ferry. I've flown both those planes in the past.

KRviator
31st Jan 2024, 04:33
Both pilots are getting paid 55k each for the ferry. I've flown both those planes in the past.AUD/NZD/USD or Yen? Sounds a heck of a lot unless that is meant to cover everything related to it!

CharlieLimaX-Ray
31st Jan 2024, 06:12
Is there white powder substance involved?

VH_WTF
31st Jan 2024, 06:37
AUD/NZD/USD or Yen? Sounds a heck of a lot unless that is meant to cover everything related to it!

Seems fair for 9.5hrs@6000ft(qba - asp).. ouch

Capt Fathom
31st Jan 2024, 11:09
Sounds a heck of a lot unless that is meant to cover everything related to it!

They more than likely pay for everything as they go.

Airfares to NZ, and home from India. Accommodation, food and transport along the way. Getting all their ferry tanks and equipment shipped to NZ and out of India. Fuel, Oil and Repairs. Overflight Clearances. ATC charges and Landing and Parking fees. And Customs want to charge you duty on everything. They all want a piece of you. And of course $$$ to grease palms to keep things moving. :E

These people love this and make a living from it. Good on them.