PDA

View Full Version : RAF Pilot Scholarship/Royal Navy Sponsorship

Piper Warrior Pilot
3rd Sep 2002, 19:06
After standing back and taking a long, hard look at the current situation in aviation and also the costs, which i could not afford, i have decided to contact my local careers office and apply for either a Pilot Scholarship from the RAF or Sponsorship from the Royal Navy.

Has anyone got any further information on these. Also, what A levels would i be best taking if i would like a career in the RAF or RN as a Pilot?

TomPierce
3rd Sep 2002, 19:24
How will you fit all that in as well as going to the US to do a degree at Embry Riddle?

Piper Warrior Pilot
3rd Sep 2002, 19:34
ha ha. u caught me. My mind is jumbled with things which i could do. Ive had a long conversation tonight with my family and also with an armed forces careers adviser and ive decided to go for the Scholarship way through the military. Im planning on joining the RN reserves while im at college. will that give me help in achieving a scholarship of sponsorship from the RAF or RN?

Thanks

Rusty Cessna
3rd Sep 2002, 20:06
PWP,

Don't look at joining the reserves as means of best presenting yourself to the board, join it because you want to be in the reserves. I had just joined the RNR when I sat my AIB and still didnt get through, I just wish I had the experience I have now at the time. As with most things the RNR is something that has the potential to be excellent and very rewarding, if you put the required effort in. I've spent a year in now and have dont a multitude of exciting things, met many good people, learnt stacks and have had time to reflect on myself and what I needed to improve on.

If you want to know anything about the reserves, what's its like or what you could potentially be doing, feel free to drop me an e-mail and I'll try to answer any questions you may have. I have also done the RAF Flying Scholarship (not pilot sponsorship) and the whole RN selection procedure so can shed some light on that too.

As I say give me an e-mail and I'll try and help as much as I can, saves clogging up the forum, I am currently busy revising for another crack at things myself.

Regards,
Rusty.