PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about aviation medical

etvansego
29th Jan 2024, 15:12
Hey there, I've wanted to work in aviation for a very long time. I already know commercial pilot training is out because I have been diagnosed with epilepsy and depression. I've been looking at flight attendant jobs and even got to final interview stage for one airline.

What I still don't know is whether my medical conditions would be 'allowed'. My depression seems to be under control, and l haven't had a seizure in 6 years. Would I still be eligible to work as a FA?

bafanguy
30th Jan 2024, 15:24
etvansego,

Hard to answer that question as the attitude toward preexisting medical conditions may vary from airline to airline. I'm not aware of any FAA requirement regarding F/A health status.

Have you been asked about your health in any F/A applications ? I'm not sure what one's disclosure obligation would be in that regard.

If your condition requires routine use of medicine, you might need to be concerned if those meds would show up on a drug test. That'd most likely be the end of your career.

What happened in the final-stage interview you mentioned...was it health related ?