PDA

View Full Version : JAR-PPL Confusion...What is the best way for me to complete...

iankain
3rd Sep 2002, 18:17
I hope someone can give me the advice I need.

For the last year I've been working throughout Europe, living both in the UK and Holland (Officially I am deemed a Dutch non-resident). I've been taking flying lessons (JAR-PPL) in Holland and have got 45 hours total in my logbook. I've also passed (only) one theory exam.

Unfortunately, within the next couple of weeks or so, I will need to move permanently to the UK. This move will mean that I will not be able to continue taking flying lessons in Holland. Nor will I be in a position to take the remainder of the theory exams.

Am I right in thinking that only 10 hours of my 45 hours will count towards a JAR-PPL if I join a club in the UK ? Am I also right in thinking that the one theory exam that I have passed will also not count?

If this turns out to be the case, would any of the time that I have flown in Holland be counted towards a PPL if I was to go to the US and take a FAA-PPL?

I'm really confused about the whole situation. Any help / advice or clarification on the options that I have would be greatly appreciated....

Many thanks,

:confused:

Soggy
3rd Sep 2002, 18:39
Where abouts inthe UK are you moving to?
Best thing to do is ask a club near there.
I don't see why all your hours shouldn't count. If you were doing a JAR PPL and the organisation you were at was approved I cant see a problem.
One exam with 45 hours of flying!! If I were you I'd get all the exams polished off pronto and finish your licence or it wil end up costing you loads.

Who told you this by the way.
If you go to the states why would it be any different?? I have heard of students doing a bit of JAR in the UK, Passing the exams with about 10 hours and ******ing off to the states to finish it.
You should be OK

Let me know what happens.

Soggy:p