PDA

View Full Version : Edit function sorted !

Uplinker
25th Jan 2024, 11:12
Yay !

Somebody has fixed the really annoying thing where if you edited your post, loads of syntax characters (like '< r >' or something like that for line breaks etc.) would appear all over it, and you had to laboriously go through and erase them all. And for every emoji, there was about a whole long sentence across the page just to tell the software where to call up the emoji image from.

Took absolutely forever just to correct a typo or add something.

Thanks guys :ok:

treadigraph
25th Jan 2024, 11:37
Strange, I tend to edit quite frequently and I've never had an issue like that - using Chrome on Windows 11...

I have seen posts full of html code though...

Asturias56
25th Jan 2024, 15:48
Strange, I tend to edit quite frequently and I've never had an issue like that - using Chrome on Windows 11...

I have seen posts full of html code though...

same here - the HTML seems to turn up when I hit the wrong key or a combination of such.......................

Jhieminga
25th Jan 2024, 16:23
You can switch to a view that shows the underlying HTML codes by hitting the 'source' button that's at the top right of the quick reply box I'm using right now. I'm sure it's also present in the advanced editor and the 'edit' window. If there is a key-shortcut for that particular button, perhaps folks are hitting that inadvertantly. Worth removing the keyboard shortcut perhaps (if it exists)?