PDA

View Full Version : SKYTRANS Queensland sold to Irish investment company

CIC
24th Jan 2024, 22:02
Irish aviation giant snaps up Skytrans, plans major expansion – Australian Aviation (https://australianaviation.com.au/2024/01/irish-aviation-giant-snaps-up-skytrans-plans-major-expansion/)

Big plans for expansion ...

tianjin06
25th Jan 2024, 00:44
Maybe little Alan

steelcraft
25th Jan 2024, 04:18
One Dash missing an engine in Weipa and one Dash had a Emergency decent to 10000 inbound to Cairns today.

nomess
25th Jan 2024, 05:33
One Dash missing an engine in Weipa and one Dash had an Emergency decent to 10000 inbound to Cairns today.
New owners hopefully means putting to rest these fossil aircraft.

I don’t believe many others globally fly 40 year old Dash 8s

Deano969
25th Jan 2024, 06:25
Avia don't do props...
They will have bigger aspirations with the Skytrans AOC

CIC
25th Jan 2024, 09:18
40 year old Dash 8's

Air Niugini, PNG Air, Pacific Direct PNG (OK Tedi), Solomons

Kagamuga
25th Jan 2024, 09:21
Not withstanding the ACN/PCN numbers; the Airbus A220 would work ?

minigundiplomat
25th Jan 2024, 09:24
Maybe little Alan

I am sure the new owners will want a competent CEO.

the_rookie
26th Jan 2024, 04:16
40 year old Dash 8's

Air Niugini, PNG Air, Pacific Direct PNG (OK Tedi), Solomons

Add skippers to the list

Climb150
26th Jan 2024, 14:05
Stby for a flood of Irish pilots on Visas. I mean if I had the chance to go to Australia from Ireland I would jump at it.

Dashm8
9th Feb 2024, 06:29
A321 Cargo planned

geeup
9th Feb 2024, 20:53
A321 Cargo planned
😅🤣😅

TBM-Legend
4th Mar 2024, 08:41
Irish aviation giant snaps up Skytrans, plans major expansion – Australian Aviation (https://australianaviation.com.au/2024/01/irish-aviation-giant-snaps-up-skytrans-plans-major-expansion/)

Big plans for expansion ...

from Flightglobal today:

Statement from new owners -
“This strategy involves plans to expand the Skytrans fleet with Airbus A319s and A321 converted freighters.”

Qwark
4th Mar 2024, 11:06
from Flightglobal today:

Statement from new owners -
“This strategy involves plans to expand the Skytrans fleet with Airbus A319s and A321 converted freighters.”

why buy Skytrans to do this? Starting a new AOC would cost the same without the history and headaches of an existing operator. They will still need to employ the expertise to get things operational.

Icarus2001
4th Mar 2024, 13:25
It MAY cost the same to start a new AOC application but it will take a long TIME to receive the AOC. Perhaps twelve months or more.

This way they hit the ground running with an income stream and AOC variation underway.

chimbu warrior
4th Mar 2024, 23:11
https://newsroom.aviator.aero/avia-solutions-group-concluded-acquisition-of-skytrans-airlines-expanding-to-12-aocs-worldwide/

“Passenger operations will be our main area of focus, with cargo being an area we’re willing to explore and develop in 2024 and beyond. To achieve these goals, we have plans of expanding the fleet with A319 aircraft for passenger and with A321F for cargo transportation.”

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
5th Mar 2024, 23:03
Holy Sh*t! That's a lot of KFC into Bamaga!

dejapoo
5th Mar 2024, 23:37
Holy Sh*t! That's a lot of KFC into Bamaga!

The KFC was sold on the TL Palm 🌴 Isl sectors

hyg
12th Mar 2024, 07:26
Saw The ad for 320 driver is out

SWBKCB
12th Mar 2024, 07:42
Stby for a flood of Irish pilots on Visas. I mean if I had the chance to go to Australia from Ireland I would jump at it.​​​​​​​“This acquisition is part of our larger strategy, which is aimed at limiting the impact of seasonality, whilst giving us access to new growing markets in Asia-Pacific and further afield. By the end of the year, we aim to establish or acquire 7 additional airlines, with countries like Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, and Indonesia firmly on our radar,” says Jonas Janukenas, CEO of Avia Solutions Group. According to the newly appointed Managing Director of Skytrans, Gytis Gumuliauskas, while the company’s current activities will be continued, the main goal is to extensively develop ACMI and wet lease operations.

​​​​​​​Irish-based Avia Solutions Group is the parent company to SmartLynx Airlines, Avion Express, AirExplore, KlasJet, Magma Aviation, and more, operating worldwide. The group also comprises a leading global provider of MRO services, FL Technics, with 100 line maintenance stations worldwide and maintenance hangars in Lithuania, Indonesia, and the United Kingdom. Furthermore, Avia Solutions Group also operates the largest independent pilot training organization, BAA Training, with schools in Spain, France, Lithuania, and Vietnam.

Don't think there will be many Irish pilots...

nomess
12th Mar 2024, 07:59
They seek very eager to get it moving. Will be interesting to see how much patience they have once they start dealing with CASA.

I hope they are aware that adding new types to a AOC here isn’t just a few months. 9-12 months if you have the house in order, 24 months if you have no idea. They will need considerable senior talent from Airbus local competitors to get this up and running.

Thirsty
12th Mar 2024, 14:01
It's not like they are the first to attempt to break into the Australian airline industry, which is full of carcasses.of those with lofty ambitions and semi-deep pockets, turning billionaires into millionaires..

Luke SkyToddler
13th Mar 2024, 00:19
It's not like they are the first to attempt to break into the Australian airline industry, which is full of carcasses.of those with lofty ambitions and semi-deep pockets, turning billionaires into millionaires..
They're not looking to "break into the Aus airline industry". They're ACMI, they already own Avion Express and Smartlynx. They simply can't get enough EASA licenced pilots to fulfil their needs so they're starting new AOCs in Brazil, Thailand and now Australia it seems. All the pilots of all the subsidiary groups, will be going wherever in the world the wet lease contracts are.

HappyBandit
14th Mar 2024, 22:07
I have a few questions about SkyTrans 3.0.

1) Will a new management team be implemented that can deal with Airbus operations?
2) Is there demand for more airbuses (even if the majority is freight ops)?
3) Will existing employees be given first right for application to the jets?
4) Is there an EBA or contract available?

Icarus2001
16th Mar 2024, 01:05
1. They have installed a new manager. Look him up. According to the newly appointed Managing Director of Skytrans, Gytis Gumuliauskas, while the company’s current activities will be continued, the main goal is to extensively develop ACMI and wet lease operations:

2.They must believe there is demand. They are trying to smooth out seasonal demand issues.

3. I would imagine current employees can apply just like anyone else. They are already advertising for A320 FOs. Better for a company to employ from outside with experienced jet crew initially as it eases the new type in to service and prevents a double training load to replace the crew changing type internally.

4. Difficult to imagine there being an EBA in existence to cover a type not yet introduced. My guess is they will adjust the offer based on the number and quality of applicants.

​​​​​​​All my opinions only, I have no inside knowledge just research about the new owner.

nomess
16th Mar 2024, 04:06
Be very careful with promises. Be realistic folks, it’s at least a year away from getting moving, assuming they can do it in the shortest period, which Rex did in 9 months, and they had considerable talent from Virgin to launch that successfully.

Icarus2001
16th Mar 2024, 05:54
I agree with you nomess but Avia Solutions Group is no newcomer. Have a look at their website to see the scope and depth of operations.
Their planned expansion they announced is very ambitious but it is doable if they have $$$ and good government connections who want it to happen.
So lets join the dots here, WHO would they operate the Airbuses FOR? They are not an airline, ACMI only.

https://aviasg.com/

nomess
16th Mar 2024, 06:20
I think if you look at Nauru you will see there is plenty of work about, they have recently taken an -800 and have spent half the last year doing last minute ops for a Bonza, Solomon, and others, and have work locked in for the rest of year. Plenty of rolling work from operators in the islands also.

I don’t think the work is the issue, I have no doubt they will keep themselves busy, and will likely find contract work fairly quickly.

Getting CASA approval for a new type is the single biggest challenge they will face. They don’t like it when operators rush the process or set ambitious dates for startup. You can be the most experienced abroad in whatever you wish, the fact is, they are not as easy going as some of the regulators in Europe or South America.

I understand they are wanting to add the Airbus to the Skytrans AOC which is different from ACMI. I think SmartLynx already have a FATAOC here. The reason why they never used it, is due to the high cost of operating

Icarus2001
16th Mar 2024, 06:28
Again, I do not disagree with anything you have said. Notwithstanding that, they could be operating by the end of this year. That gives them over nine months from now but we do not know how long a team has been writing an application, manuals etc. already. I assume type ratings can be undertaken by a sister company overseas, keeps it in house. Say three months, start date to line training. This gives time for induction, ground school and all the sim work. So if they employ pilots to start in September or October they would be ready to operate by the end of the year. They do not need an amended AOC with Airbus on it to get crew trained and ready.

nomess
16th Mar 2024, 06:31
Correct. Crew can get type rated. It would be wise to get the Dash Crew type rated first, or the Caravan crew, as they can keep them employed on the other fleet until they need them. Jetstar and Bonza are currently taking Skytrans 208 Pilots, would be wise to stop that. You can probably say the 208s days are numbered.

Bonza had crew sitting around for 12 months.

Certainly is a few knowledgeable heads around the traps that could assist putting the documents and procedures together. I’m sure many know a recently available CP who has worked pretty much everywhere that might be of use.