PDA

View Full Version : Qantas International recruitment 2024

flyingfox777
12th Jan 2024, 13:31
Hey guys! Happy 2024! Thank god I found this thread randomly and wanted to ask a question.

I don’t know if anyone remembers but a while back we got sent an email asking if we wanted to swap bases. Out of desperation I guess you could call it I swapped from my original Sydney to Melbourne based thinking Melb base would be faster to get into a ground school. My circumstances have changed since then and I’d prefer to be back in Sydney pool. I wanted to ask for advice if it’s worth emailing to ask if I could be put back in the Sydney pool or would it just basically be putting me back to the end of the line or is it worth just waiting till after ground school?

I’m not too fussed as I don’t want it to hinder my application but just wanted some insight if anyone had any! Thank u <3 and good luck to everyone around!!!

flyingfox777
12th Jan 2024, 23:06
They did say they’d give us an update mid Jan so hopefully some news soon!

HanaWai
16th Jan 2024, 05:18
They did say they’d give us an update mid Jan so hopefully some news soon!

Just got their email to attend their AD in feb
Good luck all !!

Kelkel
16th Jan 2024, 05:20
Good luck all !!

what base? :) goodluck!!!
still waiting on medical & GS date from AD in June 2023. Just submitted the security card.

Flighty12345
16th Jan 2024, 20:58
Good luck all !!

Is this for international?? I was emailed saying no more assessment days till mid year for MEL.

cabin40
17th Jan 2024, 04:00
Has anyone heard from the mid Jan update ? Awaiting SYD AD :)

Emstar
17th Jan 2024, 04:03
Hello cabin40.
I am waiting SYD Int AD also. No Jan update thus far. Fingers crossed

trinklestar
19th Jan 2024, 00:17
I’m still waiting for AD (Secondary Language Speakers Sydney)

Has anyone heard from the update ?

aspiringQFA
19th Jan 2024, 00:39

haven’t heard anything still … I know this thread says international but did anyone apply for Brisbane domestic last year ? Had my AD in May. Through to next stage the next day. Did my swim test, RSA, first aid. They emailed in July saying no positions till 2024. Said I was happy to wait etc. had a few emails here and there about Jetstar but was ultimately told I’m too short for Jetstar .. (had to do an extra height test for Qantas and that was fine). And then got email in dec saying would hear an update by mid jan. Crossing fingers and toes for a GS date even if it’s like June or July. Anything would be great eep

sumsum
19th Jan 2024, 04:16
Hi,

I applied for Secondary speaker in SYD base on Oct 2023.
The email this morning I got was basically I need to wait a bit more.

:((

I’m still waiting for AD (Secondary Language Speakers Sydney)

Has anyone heard from the update ?

Mary_88
19th Jan 2024, 06:10
Hey guys anyone here have their interview day in june and yet to recieve GS dates? Ive done everything upto my Asics in October and received a response that GS would be in December then another one in December saying mid 2024 subject to operational. Can anyone add to this? Its been so long of waiting im starting to lose hope 😞

cabin40
20th Jan 2024, 01:58
Hello cabin40.
I am waiting SYD Int AD also. No Jan update thus far. Fingers crossed

Jan update yesterday, saying further update soon. Anyone else, friend of mine didn’t get the email though.

HanaWai
20th Jan 2024, 02:43
Is this for international?? I was emailed saying no more assessment days till mid year for MEL.

Yes international ans mel base
Maybe i am applying their secondary language speaker position?

Kelkel
21st Jan 2024, 06:29
Hey guys anyone here have their interview day in june and yet to recieve GS dates? Ive done everything upto my Asics in October and received a response that GS would be in December then another one in December saying mid 2024 subject to operational. Can anyone add to this? Its been so long of waiting im starting to lose hope 😞

Is this for Melb Intentional?
I went to AD in June. I’ve done my ASIC to. Have you been asked to supply First Aid Yet or Medical?
I was told mid 2024 to.. unfortunately. They sent an email yesterday apologising it’s taking a long time. It will be a year mark if school rolls around in June. Which is fine.. but I haven’t been booking any holidays because I don’t want to miss out on school lol & I think you can’t take time off for 6 months once starting.

Kayd23
22nd Jan 2024, 00:22

Hi there, I'm waiting for a ground school date, I had my AD in March in SYD, completed everything in April. I have had updates every few months apologising for the delay in recruitment, latest stating GS will be mid 2024 and that they will provide another update in JAN. I'm assuming the update was/will be for people who have not attented an assessment day yet. It is just a matter of time, from what I've been told by many, it's a slow recruitment process and some applicants wait longer than others. Some applicants have waited 1.5 years to get a ground school date.

SnakeBite
22nd Jan 2024, 07:27
Hello,

COMMUTERS accommodation:

I know that post might not be much of relevance now but I did rent a great granny flat near by the training facility in Sydney of which I am moving out end of February2024.

This furnished apartment comes with cordless vacuum cleaner, DC silent 15 speed fan (no AC in flat), basic cooking utensils, kitchen (new fridge, microwave, oven, kettle, toaster). Washing machine can be shared depending on the arrangement of the nice and warming family who lives there. Pool usage and internet included and no extra cost. I have paid 560 per week for a nice quiet learning experience during ground school where I also get privacy similar to your own apartment. Maybe they are willing to negotiate since you are going to be Qantas crew... yayyyy

Below here are the photos of the place and please feel free to reach out if you have any further question in regards to that or even ground school which I have completed in December 2023.

(i do have more photos)

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1656x1368/1_da8d82fc043c9b7ffe9d7df134abf918e607886b.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1656x1368/2_640bdadbe4f4a940eb8242c1d2efc8f11b5dc447.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1656x1368/3_9f6bf24beb313cb820074820e4480984a96e79ca.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1656x1368/5_58206d57422edebe55de9ff6cfc05bc3a205e13e.jpg

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1656x1368/jy24tt9ivqyurv3asbec_11237fe1655e881211a9c9eb242b8d991ef627a 3.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1656x1368/4_8be1cd33337fef4ddd5e269ca5270068d3516dd0.jpg

flyinghigher24
22nd Jan 2024, 20:00
I’ve been waiting since Feb 2023.. been told every month to “thanks for your patience” have done 2 CPR’s. And was told there are ground school going thru but their prioritizing language speakers, and everybody else is on hold. But then told that they’re gonna open up assessment days in April. So I’m completely confused as well. Hey guys anyone here have their interview day in june and yet to recieve GS dates? Ive done everything upto my Asics in October and received a response that GS would be in December then another one in December saying mid 2024 subject to operational. Can anyone add to this? Its been so long of waiting im starting to lose hope 😞

trinklestar
23rd Jan 2024, 08:35
Does AD in April mean second language speaker AD?

I’ve been waiting since Feb 2023.. been told every month to “thanks for your patience” have done 2 CPR’s. And was told there are ground school going thru but their prioritizing language speakers, and everybody else is on hold. But then told that they’re gonna open up assessment days in April. So I’m completely confused as well.

sc1111
23rd Jan 2024, 18:53
Hi there,
Cam anyone share some tips about the AD? What do we need to do for the day?
I've applied for international crew secondary language speaker. Will attend AD in mel next month. Getting nervous now😖😖😖
hope to get some advice here. Many thanks!!!

sc1111
23rd Jan 2024, 18:55
Hi everyone,
Is anyone going to attend AD in near future? Anyone has any update?

cabin40
26th Jan 2024, 10:46
Hi everyone,
Is anyone going to attend AD in near future? Anyone has any update?

Still waiting here :)

Kayd23
27th Jan 2024, 19:59
Hi there,
Cam anyone share some tips about the AD? What do we need to do for the day?
I've applied for international crew secondary language speaker. Will attend AD in mel next month. Getting nervous now😖😖😖
hope to get some advice here. Many thanks!!!For AD, I made sure I dressed professionally/smart. I did my research on QANTAS, I was friendly to other candidates and made sure I looked welcoming, approachable and a team player when I was in group activities. The day is sorted by rotations, an introduction video, a 1-1 interview, a height test and identification check, 1 or 2 group activities, a comprehensive English standard test and a time to ask questions to current staff about their role. Remember they are assessing you from the start to end.

They should send an email about the documents you need to bring i.e. ID, print outs etc. If successful, you will receive an email/text a few days later stating you have progressed to the next stage. There are several stages, reference check, CPR, swim test, ASICS check and medical and then once that is finished you will wait for a GS date (the stage I am at). Good luck everyone!

flyinghigher24
31st Jan 2024, 02:56
I’ve been waiting sizing Feb 2023. So I feel you. I don’t understand. Hey guys anyone here have their interview day in june and yet to recieve GS dates? Ive done everything upto my Asics in October and received a response that GS would be in December then another one in December saying mid 2024 subject to operational. Can anyone add to this? Its been so long of waiting im starting to lose hope 😞

WannabeSyd
1st Feb 2024, 05:01
Hi all just found this thread :)

Is anyone here attending the AD (Syd) on the 6 Feb as secondary speaker? There are 2 scheduled on the day I picked the afternoon.

WannabeSyd
1st Feb 2024, 05:15
For AD, I made sure I dressed professionally/smart. I did my research on QANTAS, I was friendly to other candidates and made sure I looked welcoming, approachable and a team player when I was in group activities. The day is sorted by rotations, an introduction video, a 1-1 interview, a height test and identification check, 1 or 2 group activities, a comprehensive English standard test and a time to ask questions to current staff about their role. Remember they are assessing you from the start to end.

They should send an email about the documents you need to bring i.e. ID, print outs etc. If successful, you will receive an email/text a few days later stating you have progressed to the next stage. There are several stages, reference check, CPR, swim test, ASICS check and medical and then once that is finished you will wait for a GS date (the stage I am at). Good luck everyone!

Hi, did they ask you to bring an A4 size head and shoulder pic, I’m a bit confused here coz I’ve applied for many jobs but none of them ask for an A4 size 😅

flyingfox777
1st Feb 2024, 06:13
Hi, did they ask you to bring an A4 size head and shoulder pic, I’m a bit confused here coz I’ve applied for many jobs but none of them ask for an A4 size 😅

hey! I took a passport sized photo taken from the post office and they were happy with that! :) a lot of people printed full A4 sizes of their faces too.

Kayd23
1st Feb 2024, 07:56

Hi, yes I remember they asked for an A4 size photo (head shot), I printed it and gave it with all the other documents they asked. Not sure if it was just a way to remember you by and to keep with your file/documents.Good luck

WannabeSyd
2nd Feb 2024, 05:47
Thanks for the info :)
Hi, yes I remember they asked for an A4 size photo (head shot), I printed it and gave it with all the other documents they asked. Not sure if it was just a way to remember you by and to keep with your file/documents.Good luck

WannabeSyd
2nd Feb 2024, 05:49
I'll bring both just incase, btw in the email they send it did not mention resume did you print out your resume? hey! I took a passport sized photo taken from the post office and they were happy with that! :) a lot of people printed full A4 sizes of their faces too.

flyingfox777
2nd Feb 2024, 20:52
I'll bring both just incase, btw in the email they send it did not mention resume did you print out your resume?

yes I took my resume with me as well! 🥰 good luck!

Kelkel
3rd Feb 2024, 01:49
I'll bring both just incase, btw in the email they send it did not mention resume did you print out your resume?

I took an A4 size photo, was awkward photo lol but some people did not dress business in their photos, make sure you do. Just keep in your mind to dress for the part. Remember, team work! Goodluck so exciting!

Bboy99
6th Feb 2024, 04:19
Been waiting since May 2023 has anyone got any updates on GS? I got a bull**** response from talent saying I’m in the active hold pool and they don’t have any dates. I even wanna harras them in LinkedIn because I’m losing hope :(

Kayd23
6th Feb 2024, 20:00
Been waiting since May 2023 has anyone got any updates on GS? I got a bull**** response from talent saying I’m in the active hold pool and they don’t have any dates. I even wanna harras them in LinkedIn because I’m losing hope :(

Try not to loose hope, it's a slow recruitment process. It will happen when the time comes. The candidates about to attend an AD will have to wait for a GS date too. TA said updates in mid 2024 (but hopefully it will be sooner). Some people wait 1.5 years for a GS date, of course its not ideal but it's just the nature of QANTAS and the aviation industry.

missfa
8th Feb 2024, 21:31
Hi, how did you go with the assessment?

Hi all just found this thread :)

Is anyone here attending the AD (Syd) on the 6 Feb as secondary speaker? There are 2 scheduled on the day I picked the afternoon.

GiGi123
8th Feb 2024, 22:05
Hi there, is anyone out there in the talent hold pool for International Cabin Crew? They said they would be in contact before mid January.
they keep apologizing for delays...anyone up to speed on what is going on at Qantas HQ.?

Kelkel
9th Feb 2024, 08:59
Hi there, is anyone out there in the talent hold pool for International Cabin Crew? They said they would be in contact before mid January.
they keep apologizing for delays...anyone up to speed on what is going on at Qantas HQ.?

I have no idea but I’d also love an update lol

Bboy99
11th Feb 2024, 09:01
I emailed them and got nothing back then I got frustrated and kept seeing them post about recruitment on LinkedIn and so I messaged one of the talent people a really nice message asking for an update and she just got mad I messaged on LinkedIn and told me to email the talent email :( it’s so hard I’m trying to plan my life and I don’t wanna give up cause it’s my dream job but like everyone I know keeps telling me it’s wrong to wait this long. If anyone knows anything pls let us know!

Kelkel
11th Feb 2024, 09:39
I emailed them and got nothing back then I got frustrated and kept seeing them post about recruitment on LinkedIn and so I messaged one of the talent people a really nice message asking for an update and she just got mad I messaged on LinkedIn and told me to email the talent email :( it’s so hard I’m trying to plan my life and I don’t wanna give up cause it’s my dream job but like everyone I know keeps telling me it’s wrong to wait this long. If anyone knows anything pls let us know!

every time I see my friends or family they asked what’s going on and agree a year is a long time to put your life on hold for a job that is not guaranteed. I’m missing out on group trips amongst other things to, so I understand your frustration. Hopefully not to much longer :)

esdalee
11th Feb 2024, 20:30
Hi there! Are there any applicants here who have applied for JetConnect/Auckland base?
I'm curious if the hiring delays in Auckland are as severe as they are in Australia.
A friend currently working in Australia strongly advised me to quit my job and not apply, but unfortunately, I've already resigned!
If I submit my application now, is it possible to have a training date in April assuming I successfully complete all the interview processes?
I've heard that it takes several months after the final interview to receive notification of the final list results. Is this also true?
I find Qantas' procedures and processes to be overly slow and complicated.:bored:

Kelkel
13th Feb 2024, 02:58
Hi everyone! I sent an email and was told “we anticipate Melbourne Ground Schools to resume later this year”

Kayd23
13th Feb 2024, 10:20
Omg 😳 later this year!!!! Just when we thought mid 2024 was bad.

I hope it's not too late in the year 😭

the waiting is killing me but it I understand it is just a part of the process. AD in March last year 😓

Hi everyone! I sent an email and was told “we anticipate Melbourne Ground Schools to resume later this year”

Kelkel
13th Feb 2024, 11:37
Omg 😳 later this year!!!! Just when we thought mid 2024 was bad.

I hope it's not too late in the year 😭

the waiting is killing me but it I understand it is just a part of the process. AD in March last year 😓

ah I feel you! My AD was in June, you’ve been waiting a while. It’s just abit of time to put life on hold for sure lol

mattandy
18th Feb 2024, 07:21
Hi all, what is the swim test exactly? Is this done before GS? Where do you do it? I know you do it as part of EPs but as part of the recruitment process?

Kayd23
18th Feb 2024, 09:24
ah I feel you! My AD was in June, you’ve been waiting a while. It’s just abit of time to put life on hold for sure lol

It is a long time to put life on hold I agree. I decided a 6 or so months ago to start applying for a new temporary job for a change and so I can be more patient until the golden call. I started a new job at the hospital and now time is flying by. Maybe this idea might help others with the waiting process! Stay occupied, busy and maybe try something new in the mean time!

Kayd23
18th Feb 2024, 09:26
Hi all, what is the swim test exactly? Is this done before GS? Where do you do it? I know you do it as part of EPs but as part of the recruitment process?

The swim test is before GS, you are to swim 50 meters (olympic size swimming pool) fully clothed and witnessed by a lifeguard at your local pool. They sign a paper saying they witnessed it.

You send that document to TA afterwards. And there is more swimmingly in GS.

Kelkel
18th Feb 2024, 09:44
The swim test is before GS, you are to swim 50 meters (olympic size swimming pool) fully clothed and witnessed by a lifeguard at your local pool. They sign a paper saying they witnessed it.

I’ve done the swim competency test twice and it wasn’t fully clothed. The paperwork doesn’t state to be fully clothed during the hiring process. (However you will be required to in GS)

RedKangaroo
18th Feb 2024, 20:36

You are also required to tread water for 3
minutes straight.

I wasn’t fully clothed (as the form doesn’t state you need to be fully clothed, and most swimming centres won’t allow it) - but in GS you’ll be given a full-body jumpsuit which you wear in the water (no shoes required).

Most of the swimming in GS is with life jacket on, but there’s a short component where you are required to swim the length of the pool (less than 50m) with no life jacket & you’ll be asked to rescue your partner on the way back.

Hope this helps :)

flyingfox777
19th Feb 2024, 06:14
Fingers crossed we hear some news soon :( even an update for this year from them would be nice

mattandy
19th Feb 2024, 08:51
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the responses! 😁

flyingfox777
25th Feb 2024, 21:48
I heard there’s a GS that’s happening this week for Melb, and another one for Melb GS in a couple of months. Hope those in GS can keep us updated. :)

Kelkel
25th Feb 2024, 21:50
I heard there’s a GS that’s happening this week for Melb, and another one for Melb GS in a couple of months. Hope those in GS can keep us updated. :)
oh really? Wish I was in one lol!

flyingfox777
25th Feb 2024, 21:59
oh really? Wish I was in one lol!

Yes I know the feeling. :’( There’s a group on Facebook called ‘Australian Cabin Crew Wannabes [Qantas, Rex, Jetstar, Virgin] and although it’s other airlines in it as well - there’s a few posts about QF International of people who are also waiting if you wanted another stream of updates :)

Kayd23
25th Feb 2024, 23:51

Oh really?! Can anyone confirm this? Do Sydney and Melb do their GS together in Mascot?

Kayd23
27th Feb 2024, 04:15
Yes I know the feeling. :’( There’s a group on Facebook called ‘Australian Cabin Crew Wannabes [Qantas, Rex, Jetstar, Virgin] and although it’s other airlines in it as well - there’s a few posts about QF International of people who are also waiting if you wanted another stream of updates :)

Thanks for sharing, I'm keen to hear from another stream of updates so I applied to join it!

I have a friend who is an International FA now (he had the same AD as me last year) and he said there are four GS in the next four months starting in March. So here's hoping the golden call for GS comes soon for us, especially those who have been waiting for eternity haha.

Kelkel
27th Feb 2024, 04:17
Thanks for sharing, I'm keen to hear from another stream of updates so I applied to join it!

I have a friend who is an International FA now (he had the same AD as me last year) and he said there are four GS in the next four months starting in March. So here's hoping the golden call for GS comes soon for us, especially those who have been waiting for eternity haha.

that’s exciting!!!
has anyone completed their medical?

Kayd23
27th Feb 2024, 04:26
I've completed the medical but I think medicals only last 3 months or 6 months and then we redo them when we get the conditionary offer for GS

Kayd23
27th Feb 2024, 04:28
Also yes it is exciting!!

Kelkel
27th Feb 2024, 04:55
I've completed the medical but I think medicals only last 3 months or 6 months and then we redo them when we get the conditionary offer for GS

Okay awesome :)
I’ve done everything but the medical.

themoment
28th Feb 2024, 00:04
OMG. I really hope the news is true. Waiting for GS melbourne based

Bboy99
28th Feb 2024, 01:48
I’m actually getting so upset I just wanna know when I start a year is a long time to wait I just wish they would tell us already even if it’s months away just so we know if got a GS. I hope I get a call soon :(

flyinghigher24
29th Feb 2024, 21:11
I’m actually getting so upset I just wanna know when I start a year is a long time to wait I just wish they would tell us already even if it’s months away just so we know if got a GS. I hope I get a call soon :(

Omg same. I’m so confused. I’ve been waiting since February 2023 for a ground school day. I get they want some language speakers but then what are they doing us we’ve all been waiting a year for a ground school. I’ve put my whole life on hold. Every time I’ve emailed I haven’t received anything that would indicate a ground school for the people who have been waiting 12months are getting one soon. I’m legit so stressed about this whole thing what is going on!!! 😭😭😭😭

highfly8
3rd Mar 2024, 21:43
:sad: anyone has insights to what's going on?

Emstar
4th Mar 2024, 06:18
Hello everyone,
I wish I had some insight to give but I can't help.
I applied and got in 30 years ago and it took 10 months then. Just grateful to be still in the race!
Lots pieces to this puzzle I am assuming- internals? ex crew who took covid packages returning? language speakers? and extra aircraft would be great!
Hang in there and try to distract yourself with something pleasant you have been wanting to do.
That is the advice I keep giving myself for what it is worth!! No news is good news and I just keep thinking they told us to expect mid 2024 for anything to happen.
Have a great week and lets keep each other company!!

Emstar
8th Mar 2024, 00:55
Any updates from language speaker AD ? Summary of what is expected currently? Also with the medical, how long is it valid for before you need to do a new one?

St John Ambulance just send a reminder to refresh my CPR but as you need to have 6 months validity on your CPR for QF, I think I might wait rather than go to all the extra cost and time if we are not sure of timelines.

Have a lovely weekend and hang in there!

flyingfox777
8th Mar 2024, 20:18
From what I’ve seen, there was an email sent 3 days ago to those that completed an AD and were asked to complete their ASICs, references, AOD and First Aid + CPR as anticipated ground schools were coming up. But I think when they say coming up that’s like long months ahead knowing QF.

Emstar
8th Mar 2024, 20:23
From what I’ve seen, there was an email sent 3 days ago to those that completed an AD and were asked to complete their ASICs, references, AOD and First Aid + CPR as anticipated ground schools were coming up. But I think when they say coming up that’s like long months ahead knowing QF.
Thank you Flyingfox777.
I think I may just have to get on with my life and if anything happens it happens!

flyingfox777
8th Mar 2024, 20:43
Thank you Flyingfox777.
I think I may just have to get on with my life and if anything happens it happens!

I agree, when it happens it will happen. I’ve started a new job in hopes to make the time go faster and build up some savings. We’ve gotten this far, that is an achievement in itself. My St John’s CPR also has expired too but I won’t be doing it again until there’s a confirmed date or a email update. Fingers crossed we hear some good news soon!

Sky1157
13th Mar 2024, 09:44
What is the longest we know of, that someone has waited for & been given a ground school?

I feel like after 1 year everything would be invalid, referees, medical etc

Emstar
13th Mar 2024, 09:59
What is the longest we know of, that someone has waited for & been given a ground school?

I feel like after 1 year everything would be invalid, referees, medical etc

Not sure what the longest time has been. I was 10 months last time I flew but someone else around the same time took 18 months. But that was from application to ground school.

It has been 15 months for me and still no AD. You all seem to have had ADs last year? Just hanging in there!

Yes I do wonder what will happen to Bodycare medical, reference checks etc. I know my CPR needs redoing but don’t want to waste doing it if I don’t proceed further??

Lucytheflighty
14th Mar 2024, 03:42
My friend Kalinda from TA has just confirmed that no more ground schools planned until early 2025

All planned ground schools this year have people already endorsed and they have been contacted (mostly language speakers, as they are valuable for the company). Only silver lining if people drop out from these ground schools

Supplier delays and supply chain issues, including maintenance workforce and hangar availability, have impacted the plans for routine heavy maintenance and cabin upgrades on some A380 aircraft. As a result of the delays in A380 aircraft returning to service, there is a surplus of cabin crew and they want crew to go on leave. Challenging year ahead.

I have been waiting since May 2021 for a ground school, I have been on active hold since then. Stay strong and no news is good news!!:ok:

highfly8
14th Mar 2024, 04:09
Wow Lucy thanks so much for the update and keeping us in the loop. Certainly a long wait but you're right no news is good news for sure!

Emstar
14th Mar 2024, 04:26
My friend Kalinda from TA has just confirmed that no more ground schools planned until early 2025

All planned ground schools this year have people already endorsed and they have been contacted (mostly language speakers, as they are valuable for the company). Only silver lining if people drop out from these ground schools

Supplier delays and supply chain issues, including maintenance workforce and hangar availability, have impacted the plans for routine heavy maintenance and cabin upgrades on some A380 aircraft. As a result of the delays in A380 aircraft returning to service, there is a surplus of cabin crew and they want crew to go on leave. Challenging year ahead.

I have been waiting since May 2021 for a ground school, I have been on active hold since then. Stay strong and no news is good news!!:ok:

Thank you Lucy. Much appreciated.

GiGi123
14th Mar 2024, 21:26
Thanks for that detailed reply, Lucytheflighty. I'm in the active hold, talent pool as well since last march! The last correspondence I received was" you will be contacted before mid-January"!!! For an update. It's so frustrating. They must have a vast pool of CC wannabes. The lack of communication is appalling, though coming from a company whose main focus is communication. It's rude of them to keep everyone wondering if they've been forgotten, especially knowing the effort put in by candidates to make it this far.

Sky1157
25th Mar 2024, 00:21
Has anyone had any direct communication from Qantas recently? (No hearsay pls)

I received the monthly ‘sorry for the delay’ this month.

Kelkel
25th Mar 2024, 01:04

just the delay email a few days ago.

flyingfox777
25th Mar 2024, 07:23

Have not heard since December saying they’ll update mid-Jan

Kayd23
27th Mar 2024, 01:35

No I haven't, not since the email in december saying GS mid year.. It is pretty close to mid year if I do say so myself :ooh:

missfa
28th Mar 2024, 05:46
Is anyone here that are internal/external applicants -language speaker that have received any updates with ground school dates or any info/updates at all recently? Thank you 🙏🏻

Sky1157
31st Mar 2024, 07:25
Kelkel flyingfox777 Kayd23

looks like we are in the same boat.
I will update on here if I get anything other than the standard monthly updates.

Emstar
1st Apr 2024, 01:32
Kelkel flyingfox777 Kayd23

looks like we are in the same boat.
I will update on here if I get anything other than the standard monthly updates.

I am waiting on an AD. You are all waiting on GS dates?

flyingfox777
2nd Apr 2024, 20:29
Thanks Sky! Will also do the same if I hear anything on my end. Yes, waiting on GS dates. Hopefully you hear soon Emstar.

Emstar
2nd Apr 2024, 21:33
Thanks Sky! Will also do the same if I hear anything on my end. Yes, waiting on GS dates. Hopefully you hear soon Emstar.
Thank you flyingfox777

themoment
6th Apr 2024, 10:09
Thank you flyingfox777
Someone Sydney based got GS starting from 16th May ….hopefully more Ground schools are coming up …

Emstar
8th Apr 2024, 02:27
Someone Sydney based got GS starting from 16th May ….hopefully more Ground schools are coming up …

Thank you themoment

almondcap
16th Apr 2024, 15:04
Is anyone here that are internal/external applicants -language speaker that have received any updates with ground school dates or any info/updates at all recently? Thank you 🙏🏻

when was your AD?

Flighty12345
21st Apr 2024, 23:49
Still waiting for an assessment day. I have now received 10 'We wish to apologise that the recruitment process for Qantas International Cabin Crew blah blah' emails since.
Most disorganised recruitment system I've ever encountered.

Emstar
21st Apr 2024, 23:55
Still waiting for an assessment day. I have now received 10 'We wish to apologise that the recruitment process for Qantas International Cabin Crew blah blah' emails since.
Most disorganised recruitment system I've ever encountered.

Hello Flighty12345,

Yes I am in the same situation. My husband has leave due in the coming months ( not his choice of dates but allocated to him) and we want to go overseas. Just going ahead with our plans as who knows how long this process will be?

Hang in there. I do "get it".

Emstar
22nd Apr 2024, 00:13
Have just PM you Flighty12345

Kelkel
22nd Apr 2024, 03:20
Just recieved the standard sorry for delay email. Does anyone else have any updates? Mid 2024 it looking less and less likely as it’s approaches.

missfa
22nd Apr 2024, 06:37
when was your AD?

Feb 6, 2024. How about you?

almondcap
22nd Apr 2024, 10:26
Feb 6, 2024. How about you?
May last year, did you apply for Syd or Melb base?

missfa
22nd Apr 2024, 23:55
May last year, did you apply for Syd or Melb base?

Syd base, which base did you apply? Are you a language speaker and are you just waiting for GS? Have you done all the requirements process?

almondcap
24th Apr 2024, 09:20
Syd base, which base did you apply? Are you a language speaker and are you just waiting for GS? Have you done all the requirements process?

Please check your msg!

missfa
24th Apr 2024, 10:16
Please check your msg!
I didn’t receive a message from you. Try to message me again.

You need 10 posts before you can access Messages.

TW

flyingfox777
8th May 2024, 03:40
Very disheartening email for those of us who have been waiting…

Kelkel
8th May 2024, 03:42
Very disheartening email for those of us who have been waiting…

so disappointed, a lot of money / life on hold has gone into this past year waiting.

Emstar
8th May 2024, 05:12
I guess I should be bracing for a disappointing email?

Emstar
8th May 2024, 05:34
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1410x1474/screenshot_2024_05_08_at_3_32_12_pm_f067649e2406d1654cd03d7e 272ff788fae75b9d.png

missfa
8th May 2024, 22:57
Please check your msg!

I can’t message you back now, it says your inbox is full and you need to delete some of it.

missfa
8th May 2024, 23:05
Did anyone get an email yesterday? Saying the they won’t be needing new crew at the moment because of other factors as they expected to hire new crew (language speakers) this year and the GS would going to be approx around 2025.
Apparently because of the crew coming back and other internal applicants they prioritised.

My friend who is an internal applicant and a language speaker got her golden call 2 days ago and will start around June.

Any updates from others? Thank you

Wannabe9876
9th May 2024, 05:51
Did anyone get an email yesterday? Saying the they won’t be needing new crew at the moment because of other factors as they expected to hire new crew (language speakers) this year and the GS would going to be approx around 2025.
Apparently because of the crew coming back and other internal applicants they prioritised.

My friend who is an internal applicant and a language speaker got her golden call 2 days ago and will start around June.

Any updates from others? Thank you

Hi missfa,

I went to the AD on February as a language speaker and received the same email yesterday as well.

When was your friend’s AD ?

missfa
9th May 2024, 07:03
Hi missfa,

I went to the AD on February as a language speaker and received the same email yesterday as well.

When was your friend’s AD ?

My friend is already a domestic cabin crew and only needs a conversion course for long haul crew.