PDA

View Full Version : best modular flight schools uk

martinbryson
22nd Jan 2024, 20:59
looking for the best modular flight schools in the uk
the integrated route is too expensive for me unfortunately and i ned to work part time too which i feel would be hard on an integrated course
looking to go part time and complete a modular course however there are so many options

anyone have any good recommendations ? ideally anything near surrey however not limited to this area

thanks

geardown1
1st Feb 2024, 10:05
Depends on where you're based but north of the border, ACS at Perth has a great rep and doesn't rinse you for money like the integrated schools!

martinbryson
1st Feb 2024, 10:36
Im south of the border unfortunately
currently looking at Stapleford
heard some good things about ACS though

clarkeysntfc
1st Feb 2024, 12:19
Stapleford

martinbryson
1st Feb 2024, 12:29
im currently looking at them and they seem to be the best so far
have you been there? would you recommend them for a distanced learning ground school too? been seeing ots of good things about BGS

clarkeysntfc
1st Feb 2024, 20:39
Yes I did MEP, CPL, IR there. Good school, financially secure (believe they own the land of the airfield and all the aircraft), good instructors and no BS. Onsite digs are fine if not local.

Wait list to start so worth getting your name on the list but once you’re in, you get slots as they don’t overload the instructors and you’ll fly 4/5 days a week if you / your instructor are set up to do so.

DA42 fleet is a bit flaky but onsite maintenance does help resolve issues that can be fixed on site promptly.

ATPL theory - do BGS.

Pilot x1
6th Feb 2024, 14:38
Stapleford is pretty good. Used them for the PPL and it worked out well.