PDA

View Full Version : Worldwide shortages

LAME0H
16th Jan 2024, 05:49
It’s extremely pleasing to see mass worldwide pilot hiring going on .

It’s also extremely gratifying to see CX getting hit hard with the fact that the know one wants to work for them anymore. Years of ****ting on the pilot body and management's contemptuous and arrogant style coming back to bite . Swire once gave a **** now they are just proving their salt. This will be never ending. Their management of Covid and ruthlessness in rooting the pilots has come back to bite there not sorry asses.

Emirates on a mass hiring spree are just one of many. Singapore , Etihad …. The list goes on.The world is your oyster . Go hard newbies.

Shame for a once great airline, now just comparable to Jetstar and the like.

dive and drive
17th Jan 2024, 21:35
Shame for a once great airline, now just comparable to Jetstar and the like.
It actually is even worse than that.

Judging by the number of people who, in the past few months, have been leaving CX (after years of service and on the cusp of achieving a command) only to join JQ at the bottom of the seniority list, it can be argued that nowadays Jetstar is a much better career choice than Cathay.

No one (as far as I know) is leaving JQ to join CX.

These two airlines are therefore not comparable.

It is a shame indeed.

SIDS N STARS
18th Jan 2024, 03:30
It’s not even close to being comparable with JQ.

I’m pretty sure more pilots have left CX to join LCC in Aus, EU and the U.S. for better employment and living conditions than have gone the other way.

VforVENDETTA
18th Jan 2024, 06:00
A lot left in a hurry for dirt bag operators such as Atlas, Kalitta, spirit etc in US. Previously if you'd ask any Cathay pilot if they would take a job with such they would have laughed at you. Previously it was only Delta, FedEx, UPS etc. And most weren't even interested in those.

jjmclure
25th Jan 2024, 05:20
Kalitta is a far far better , more satisfying, fun place to work!
Without a doubt after years at CX.
I’m so glad I moved beyond, CX is now a joke.

kmagyoyo
25th Jan 2024, 21:53
14 year at CX and I never saw a lounge once. AA Plat Pro/One World Emerald this year from commuting with 5Y, doesn't feel so dirtbag when you're enjoying Champagne in an AA Flagship lounge.