PDA

View Full Version : Adobe - HELP

PCav8or
3rd Sep 2002, 15:10
I am in the process of printing a 900 page document in stages of 25 pages at a time. Everything went smoothly till page 250. When I try to print pages 251 to 275 nothing happens. I get a message saying "To few operands". I click OK & that's it. What does "operands" mean? No spelling error here.
Thanks in advance.

gofer
3rd Sep 2002, 15:22
An operand is a data input value in an instruction.

Here is the text reply I got from www.atomica.com

operand
The part of a machine instruction that references data or a peripheral device. In the instruction, ADD A to B, A and B are the operands (nouns), and ADD is the operation code (verb). In the instruction READ TRACK 9, SECTOR 32, track and sector are the operands.

Problem could be how you are inputting the numbers or is there a space or blank somewhere ??:(

MarkD
3rd Sep 2002, 20:24
What operating system? Windoze, Mac?
What printer? HP, Lexmark?
What version of Acrobat? 3/4/5?

PCav8or
4th Sep 2002, 22:08
- Adobe 4.0
- Win 95
- Printer is "Lexmark Optra R+" (Lazer)

fobotcso
4th Sep 2002, 22:44
These two software packages are back in the dark ages!

Win95 should be at OSR2 and Adobe Acrobat Reader should be at Ver 4.05. If you've still got Acrobat Reader Ver 3.*, you might try that.

Go Acrobat 4.05 (http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1031)

Basically, you may be trying to do something that those two software packages are not capable of doing. Windows is now three versions older and Adobe Acrobat reader is two versions older.

tacpot
5th Sep 2002, 10:52
Can whoever supplied the document you are trying to print provide any assistance?

They could for example confirm that the releavant pages are printable with a paricular version of the Acrobat reader.

Just an other number
5th Sep 2002, 15:27
And here's an answer to an acrobat question that nobody's asked but has bugged me for a year or so. Until I spent an hour the other day -

Why, when I print a pdf document, are there are no spaces between words?
i.e. - Why,whenIprintapdfdocument,aretherenospac...you get the idea.

It seems this is a Hewlett Packard and Epson problem - they don't support acrobat.
The solution is to select 'print as image' in the print dialogue box.
Sorry if I'm teaching Granny to suck, but this had me stumped for ages...

What_does_this_button_do?
5th Sep 2002, 15:30
Top Tip

With Adobe Acrobat you should NOT select File/Print. You should use the PRINT button on Adobe. That will sort it out for you.

B

DEC
2nd Oct 2002, 11:13
Can I add on for Acrobat.

Always use distiller to create PDF's - that is, "print to Distiller" which will be in the Control Panel / Printers folder - rather that using PDF Writer.

PDF Writer is EVIL - & gone in Acrobat 5

:D

BayAreaLondoner
3rd Oct 2002, 00:02
PDF writer is evil...

On to the question at hand. It could be a number of things. I assume here that you're just trying to print a PDF that someone sent to you.
First, get Acrobat Reader 5 (free download) from www.adobe.com. This has solved blank page printing problems for me recently.
Open the document in Acrobat Reader and actually scroll to the troublesome page. Does the error message appear? If it does, the PDF is corrupted in some way and the person who created will need to create it again possibly changing some of the creation options.
If the page displays, the document is good, so try printing it. If it gives an error, try printing just one page at a time for the problem pages.
If that doesn't work, when you are in the print dialogue box, you may see an option marked "Print as image". Try that - this will print the document as an image file. Definitely only do that one page at a time (due to the memory it will require).
If none of that works, I dunno...

Spitoon
5th Oct 2002, 10:22
If all else fails try using a different printer driver - ideally one of the generic ones that come with Windows.

Lots of potential problems and only a slim chance of success but as others have mentioned Acrobat Reader has problems with some printers.

Good luck.